Saturday, March 7, 2009

our little guy wy

A lot of time is devoted to Camryn...after all she is the one with cancer, but tonight I wanted to share a bit about the greatest little man in my life.

Wyatt from the moment he was born has never ceased to amaze me...he is quite possibly the greatest gift ever. There is so much more to Wyatt than meets the eye, long ago I simply just knew that this little boy would fill places in my heart like no one else.

Wyatt makes me smile...he just makes me smile and these days smiles are something that my mommy's heart needs. Tonight he was my partner for the game of Trouble and he just sat on my lap...and I just savored the moment. He's almost two-and-a-half...but my baby he will always be. I'm sure years from now he will argue with me about how grown up he is, but I know that I will forever look at him as my little guy Wy.

There is a long road ahead for our family and in as much as I am worried about Camryn I am equally worried about Wyatt. Wyatt will have to adjust to a new routine, a new schedule...he will most likely be juggled between grandparents as Jason and I will have to be with Camryn. Wyatt also will be going into surgery...that is something that I had not anticipated and yes it scares me to a degree.

I was talking with a mom earlier this week and she asked me if I was scared to have Wyatt go into surgery...was I worried about him? Yes, I am...but, I thought about it for a moment and said...You know if Wyatt were older and able to understand all of this I don't think for a moment he'd say no. He would do whatever it takes to save his sister...he absolutely loves her.

And that's the beauty of it...Wy loves Cam so incredibly much and he will miss her for the 8 to 12 weeks she is in transplant...and that's a hurt my heart is learning to hand over. Our family of 4 will have to adjust again...but, the Lord is faithful.

I will never forget what my OB said when Wyatt was born..."this baby's not early he's right on time..." Yes, in fact he was and is...he is continually what we need.

Wyatt's life verse is...

"perhaps you have come for such a time as this..." Esther 4:14

I believe that the Lord has big things for our little guy Wy and I am so thankful...

3 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

What a precious boy. I would love to meet him someday.

Wilson Family said...

Sweet boy... Sweet mom.
Love you guys.

Erika said...

It was so wonderful meeting you yesterday! Both of your children are so beautiful...and strong, and amazing. I am praying for you as you walk this unfathomably hard journey through Camryn's treatment. My heart is with you. Thank you for being so open and honest with me yesterday- it was refreshing!