I am finding complete joy in getting to spend the morning hours of each weekday with Camryn...there is a blessing that I had not counted on. We enjoy our car ride together and then we spend time just one on one while arsenic is running through Camryn's veins.
We laugh as we watch movies...we enjoy coloring together...we chat...yes, we enjoy time together that if not for leukemia we would never have had.
Now believe me I'm not saying I am thankful for leukemia as it has given me so much...in fact it's quite the contrary. Leukemia has and is taking away a lot of things and I hate it, literally I hate it...but yet, we are given some things...
For most of the my years as a mommy I have worked...my parents have graciously watched Camryn and Wyatt and it has been the best of both worlds so to speak. Well, now I'm just a mommy...oh I'm still a teacher and I have students that I miss and care about so deeply. But, right now I am a mommy...and it feels good.
It feels nice to spend the afternoons with the kids soaking in all the playtime I can, because in the very near future our time together will be much different. So for now I will continue to enjoy these moments.
Camryn's appointment today went well...EKG looked good...Arsenic ran fine...Blood counts look much improved. YAY! The arsenic is appearing to do it's job and we are very thankful. Camryn also has been walking a bit more and her leg pain seems to be subsiding which is a praise.
One day at a time...and you know some days are better than others...some days I feel as though I can make it through and other days the tears fall.
One step...
One step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
We're praying for Camryn's leg pain to go completely...so glad you two are having special mommy / Camryn time. :)
I came across your blog a few days ago , maybe even longer I think it was the day after you all found out that the L was back! Im happy to hear that your girl is doing good and you are getting time to spend with her! I pray for you and your family that everything works out good !
Good morning, Just wanted to let you know I found little Camyrn through the Rigg's blog. I have been sitting here for the last half hour reading through her journal. My heart is hurting for what you must experience again. I see how brave and the fight your little girl holds, and know she can do it again...
I also want you to know your writing is beautiful, so touching, and I trully do see your love for your Savior and for your children and husband. You are a blessing, God is using you all for His glory!
Ill be praying for you, I want to stand by and encourage you all along. No child or parent should ever have to be attacked by Leukima or cancer, unfortunately, we live in a world that isnt perfect, but God will faithfully guide you through this as He always does. I pray those difficult days will be the days you feel His presense the most.
Thank you for sharing Camyrn with us and for touching my soul in such an unique way.
Heidi C. IN.
C.O.L.E. prayer team
www.colesfoundation.com
I am so glad to hear Camryn is responding to treatment. Enjoy your time together! Praise the Lord!
Enjoy those precious moments with your little ones. Happy to hear things are getting better and Camyrn's legs are healing. Praying for you and your family....
What an amazing mommy and woman you are to be able to find the blessings in such a tough time! Truly inspirational! Praise the Lord for Camryn's improving blood counts...still praying for her, for you, for strength, healing and peace.
I have been visiting your blog here and there. Your children are precious. That is awesome that things are going well! Our family is praying for your family.
Alison
I found your blog through a friend of a friend...you are continually in my thoughts and prayers. I cry out to God on behalf of your family. Thank you for sharing your life. We are all learning through you.
I found your blog today, through the Riggs blog. (Interesting that our blog names our similiar.. ours is the Dynamic Duo Brothers.) That mommy/daughter time is so very special:) I have read through your blog and my heart goes out to you and I am praying for strength and comfort for you. We are praying for your family. We are praying for Camryn's body to fight off this disease and for you two to be her rock.
Your new blog follower,
Nicole from Florida
Post a Comment