Aside from going to clinic today the day felt really "normal"...honestly, it felt as though we had stepped through and we were out on the other side.
Camryn decided that she wanted to take cupcakes to her most favorite nurses and doctors today...now it had to be a Tuesday because that is when Nurse Charlotte is there along with her doctors. So, last night we made cupcakes and we took them to clinic today. Honestly, my heart just smiled as I thought to myself that even in the midst of all of it...she appreciates those who care for her. She has such a special heart...one that I treasure.
As we were at clinic we had quite a lot of visitors...I've come to like Tuesdays as they go faster since there are a lot of people to chat with and see. Camryn did great getting her HKG (as she calls an EKG) done...it should a slight issue, but the cardiologists checked it out and gave Camryn's doctors the green light for more chemo. We saw the doctors who were so pleased with how Camryn looked...honestly they could not get over how much improved she is. They were pleased to hear that she is not on her pain meds and is up walking...moving and being much more active. All in all the consensus is that the arsenic is doing its job and we'll stay the course.
At this time the course is for Camryn to have a bone marrow aspiration on March 24th and if all is a go then Wyatt would go to clinic on March 31st to meet with the doctors and have his blood work done. Then about the second week in April it's go time. Now, all of this could change; but for now this is our plan...and oddly it feels good to have some sort of plan in place.
Later this afternoon when Jason got home from work the kids wanted to ride their bikes. Now, let me say that a week ago Camryn could barely walk...so the idea of her wanting to ride her bike made me smile. I honestly didn't think she would actually do it. Well...she did. She rode her bike all over the drive way while Wyatt just ran around. Seriously, that boy loves to run. They had a wonderful time...for a moment I caught myself just soaking it all in. The smiles, the laughter, the fights...all of it and it filled my heart.
After bike riding wore off Jason, Camryn and Wyatt turned to baseball...I got out the tee and off they went. Oh my goodness what a sight...the three of them playing ball. Of course Camryn had to lay out the plan and the rules and Wyatt well...he just wanted to get the game going. They had such fun...Camryn our little right hander and Wyatt, well he's batting left. Yeah, maybe we have a southpaw.
Honestly, today just felt so good...felt good to just be. To walk away from clinic knowing that this is the road for us now. Yes, I don't like it...in fact it's so hard for me to really consider what all of it means. But for today we walked our road one foot in front of the other. We did what was in front of us for today...and you know that's about all we can do.
I was reminded tonight as I hung out with my sister-in-law that really that's all we can do...take one step at a time. Do what is in front of you now and leave the rest? Well, leave the rest at His feet.
It is hard for me to let go...it is hard for me to release...some days are easier than others...
And today it was a bit easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I don't know you, but after discovering your blog, I wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your family. I am so touched by your thoughtful words as you share your experience - you inspire me with your faith, and I know God will do some amazing things with your story. In our weakness, his strength is made perfect.Thanks for sharing.
Amy
it sounds like you were having so much fun :)
I loved reading about your day and like I've said before, I am falling in love with your very special family. You have an amazing way of writing how you're feeling and showing the world what it means to trust even in the hardest of times. It's not easy, but I know God is smiling down on your family and will continue to carry you all.
How sweet that Camryn wanted to make cupcakes for her nurses & doctors. So happy to hear that you guys had such a nice day together and that Camryn was riding her bike and playing baseball along with Wyatt! What fun.
We will continue to be praying like crazy as you have a plan for what is to come. As it gets closer I want to do a post about your family on our blog if that's o.k. with you. I want as many people to pray and see how awesome you guys are!!! I'll be in touch with you through e-mail before I do it.
Very Warmly :),
Shelley
i'm so glad for your good day...for i know they won't always be like that. savor the day.
big hugs to cam and wy...love you much.
Post a Comment