Clinic today went really well...my dad decided to go with us to give us company, truly I always love my dad's company. My dad and I honestly could talk forever about school, sports, life...really I am my father's daughter in so many ways. So I really appreciated the company today.
Camryn did well...in fact today has been a very good day for her. She is up walking around...yes, she is on the move. Granted she is not running, jumping or skipping...but she is up off the couch and able to walk to the table, bed, bathroom or anywhere else by herself. We are praising the Lord. Her legs are improving...work arsenic, work.
Tonight Camryn and Wyatt are playing and having fun together...we are seriously seeing Camryn for the first time in awhile and it is refreshing. She is herself and for that I am exceedingly thankful.
Yet...
Today at clinic I saw a sight all too familiar. A mom who had that look...the look of exhaustion, pure sadness, just numb to the world and a little one...bald head, line scar on his neck...yep, they were walking a journey that was all too familiar.
As I watch them and overheard parts of their story...I was just numb. Please Lord work in their story...be with them I prayed as I sat there with Camryn. Then one of the nurses came in and Camryn wanted to say hi...so she did and then we ended up meeting the mom and the little boy. I was introduced as a mom who could answer transplant questions...yeah, I guess that's me now. So, the mom and I talked...I answered her questions and I tried to encourage her. At one point in the conversation I just said, I am sorry, so very sorry. Her eyes filled with tears...thank you she said.
I remembered how it felt that first time...walking through the various stages with Camryn and feeling so utterly alone, like no one in the world could possibly understand. And today...I was able to be for her someone that I had not too long ago longed for. Someone who could understand...
Please pray for their family...they start transplant process on Saturday with transplant day on March 18th.
As we left clinic Camryn said good-bye to the little boy and then looked at me and said, "Mommy I need to make him a card to take to him in the hospital." Yes, she too gets it...
So, this week we will work on a care package and some cards to give to a family we literally just met, but feel an instant connection too because they too are walking something all too familiar.
I also have come into contact with a few other families walking this journey...thank you...I thank the Lord for these new "friendships". These new people in my life who are ministering to me and who I can minister to. People who understand what it is like to watch your child battle with everything they have...people who understand what it is like to just release...to trust that the Lord will never let go.
People who are walking a journey that is all too familiar...and yet we are walking it again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I'm a new follower, thanks to the Riggs family blog. You have our prayers. I've witnessed God work wonderous miracles and have faith that he CAN heal Camryn too. He will give you the strength, peace, grace and courage you need during your journey. God uses these times to work wonders, He is using you and using Camryn. It's sad and scary but it's amazing to be a part of God's incredible plan. We are blessed to be a part of His family.
With much love and prayers
What a blessing, a comfort, an encouragement for that family.
God bless your family and hers as you both travel a similar journey.
Hello Dana
I will add these families to my prayers as well!! Glad to hear that Camryn is up & about a bit!! Have a great day ok!!
I am new to your blog, but know that this family from Texas is praying for your little gal!!!! Prayer is an amazing thing, and we will hold her close in our prayers. Stay Strong!!!
I just found your blog recently from Kelly Stamp's blog who I found through another friend. We live in Colorado and know that your family has been in our constant prayers ever since we heard your story. We will continue to pray for you as you go through this tough time. Our God is so good and I believe in His healing abilities (I am living proof!)
Post a Comment