Saturday, February 28, 2009

waiting on sunday

Well, it seems that if all goes as planned today Camryn should be able to go home on Sunday morning. Today we have scheduled her fifth arsenic treatment, a blood transfusion, being transferred to oral pain meds and no fevers. That's our day in a nutshell...oh and countless trips to the bathroom as the IV fluids run through her so quickly.

I was disappointed today to not be able to go home...

I was hopeful as I drove down to UCLA today that we'd be home, for one complete day without having to deal with hospitals and our medical life...but, that was not to be.

Camryn needs to stay another day and my mind totally gets that...but, my heart is sad today. As I look out her window and see the sunshine and cars coming and going I wonder how our lives changed so quickly...

Today I was going to have a spa day with my girlfriends...instead I'm watching the Disney Channel and watching the clock tick ever so slowly. I guess we'll just wait on Sunday and pray that tomorrow we can head home...and start our out-patient life.

Please pray that today goes well...and that tomorrow we'll get the go to head home. It's hard to be here...but we will continue to wait on Sunday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from another. Praying for your sweet family and all that you are going through.
May our Heavenly Father wrap his loving arms around you and give you peace and comfort.

Praying in Arkansas
Michelle Cook

brocks*mom said...

Prayers have been said for your sweet little girl and your whole family from Virginia.

Devon said...

i'm sorry...

praying the next 24 hours fly by and all four of you can be under the same roof.

love you. give cam kisses for us!

Terri said...

Hi, I am so glad to hear that you little girl is able to go home.... I wanted you to know that I check your blog daily to get updates..... I have a kreative blog award for you at my blog.... thought it might bring a smile to your face.... I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers....

Jessica said...

Praying for peace and healing in Arkansas!

Wilson Family said...

Yeah, its Sunday! Thinking of you!

~HeLeN~ said...

Hoping and praying your day has gone by quickly and that you felt God's presence every minute.

Helen

Samantha said...

Hey Mrs. Mikels,
I sent you an email on your village christian email about something me and Cierra are doing for Camryn , so if you can check that and send me back the quick "answer" that would be great.... Hope Camryn can come home quickly... She's in our thoughts and prayers everyday.....Love you!

~ Samantha

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from another. Just wanted you to know lots of prayers are being said for your family. I hope you were all able to go home on Sunday and have enjoyed a few days together. Sending positive thoughts your way. Kaley in CO