
Yesterday was a good day after the hard night...Camryn got some much needed rest and then Daddy came walking in with Wyatt and she was so glad to see him. Honestly, she's been crying for Wyatt more than anything...guess she truly is attached to her brother in more ways than one.
Grandma & Papa came with Daddy and Wyatt so it was nice to have some company...cousin S came to hang out and visit with us along with K & T...each one offering a bit of a break of the normal routine of the hospital. She enjoyed seeing Wyatt and hanging out with him. Can't say that Wyatt entirely likes the confined nature of the hospital, but it was very nice having him here with us. Not even sure how we'll do it for the 8 to 12 weeks of transplant...the Lord is will be our strength, but it will be so hard.
K & T brought notes from my students at school...it was nice to see the out-pouring of love for Camryn...it was so special to read the student's kind words, tears flowed freely as I read. I do miss my students and miss the normal routine of life, which now has been snatched away. Our lives have now become blood draw schedules, antibiotics, vital sign checks...the highlight seems to be the new way of ordering from food service.
The day was a much needed encouragement to Camryn, Jason and me...it was nice to have people here to interact with Camryn as throughout the day.
Yet, with the good day the night comes...the night is a hard time for me. I won't lie...when everyone goes, the quietness comes, the darkness comes I am reminded that we are here...and we have a very long road. Everyone goes back to their normal and I am left to wrestle with defining this as our normal again...tears flowed down my cheeks as I recalled all the nights that we've slept through to find ourselves at a new morning. Believing that the Lord's mercies are new every morning...to prepare us for what lies ahead today and leave tomorrow until then.
Camryn didn't sleep well which makes for a long night anyways...she gets very annoyed at the nightly blood draws and vital sign checks. Her legs were hurting throughout the night as well...needless to say she didn't sleep well.
Hopefully today will be a new day...a day of renewal and Camryn in a little better spirits.
Thank you for praying...the road is so long, but we know that the only way to take it is one step at a time. We can't get too far ahead of ourselves, because then it just seems totally defeating...we will get there.
We will win...one step at a time.





4 comments:
Hey Mrs. Mikels! Cierra Branca and I are so happy we found your blog! We miss you so much! I am so sorry that Camryn is sick again and I pray that she will get better! We miss you so much! We wish you were with us! We were also on your other websites of Camryn aand the one with her when he wrote about her dad being prince charming and her being the princess living hapily ever after mad me want to cry! She is a beautiful girl and you are so lucky to have her! I hope she gets better soon! I love you! God Bless ~ Samantha Ochse
hi Mrs.Mikels! Your blog is so cute it made us want too cry, i had to stop reading it! :( We miss you alot at school and know that you miss us too! Camryn is so cute and seems so strong even during this and I am so proud of her! We hope to see you and your family soon, healthy and happy once again! Thanks for being a wonderful teacher for us this year. If there is anything you need help with or if we could come visit you guys soon we would LOVE to help out! Mine and Samantha Ochse's parents both said to offer help to you! I love you very much and tell Camryn that she probably doesn't remember me but i love her too and i am proud of everything she has gone through! I love you and God bless~ Cierra Branca
her smile is just priceless...LOVE her!
Praying for easier nights for both Camryn and mommy.....praying for comfort and strength in the months ahead.
Post a Comment