Wednesday, February 18, 2009

so it begins...

Honestly, not entirely sure I have the words to put this all together, but I will attempt...

Camryn's doctor called today and her bone marrow showed an early stage relapse of her APL...

That sentence hasn't even really sunk in yet...it's whirling around in my head and heart and it hurts. The hurt is drowning me right now...

Right now we wait for her doctors to let us know when a bed will be open and then we'll be admitted for our first round of arsenic trioxide treatment. Hopefully, we'll be able to come home after a week and then we'll do the rest of the arsenic as an out patient.

After the arsenic treatment is over...we head to a bone marrow transplant...again.

So it begins...we face a battle that we thought we'd won, but apparently the leukemia was a stronger foe that we'd thought. We fight again...we juggle schedules, appointments, time away, two little ones, hospital life and so much more. We fight to believe in what we know to be true...we fight to hold on tight.

We pray...we pray for protection as the arsenic runs through Camryn's veins...that her body will respond well.

We pray...that the Lord would do what He does best...redeem his innocent ones in a fallen, broken world.

2.17.09...the journey begins again

5 comments:

Tom said...

Dear Jason & Dana
I've been reading your blog through the Sojourners prayer email link. Your last entry has broken my heart and made me cry with you. What can I say? May the Lord himself give you the comfort and strength you need... as only he is able! May you be able to continue to trust him and glorify him as you have been doing.
Praying for a miracle. Yours in His lovely Name,
Tom

Anonymous said...

Praying so hard for you guys! We love you!

Kerri said...

Dana,
I have been following your story since before Wyatt was born. I used to work with Faith. I just want you to know that I will be praying for your family, for Camryn, for Wyatt, & For you & Jason!! You are such an inspiration to me, you have such AMAZING strength!! I just have to belief that He will take care of Camryn...

Daberath said...

I am here from Devon's blog. I want you to know Camryn and your family are in my prayers. Keep your faith in God. You have a beautiful little girl and I feel honored to lift up such a deserving family in prayers.

Julie said...

I came across your blog from Devon's blog. My heart is reaching out to you...your family...your sweet Camryn. Praying...praying...praying....