Leukemia...
The question swirling in my head is what it robs us of?
Because quite frankly this weekend I feel like the answer is...a lot.
My heart is heavy this weekend as I wrestle with the realities of leukemia. My sweet aunt entered into heaven yesterday morning...after about 9 months of dealing with leukemia. I wish I had the words, but I don't.
Sometimes I feel as though the realities of leukemia are inescapable...that they will always be. I know in my head that a day will come when the weight will feel lighter, but for today it is heavy.
A year ago today Camryn's clotting factors were out of control, she had bright pink wrists of tape holding the IV's that we were trying desparately to save until Monday when she would have her line placed...
Seriously, a year ago?
And right now she is chatting up a storm with her little brother and thoroughly enjoying this life, her life.
For all that Cancer has done and continues to do...
What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited,
(Yet In All These Things)
It cannot cripple love, it cannot
(We Are More Than Conquerors Through)
Shatter hope,
(Him Who Loves Us)
It cannot corrode faith, it cannot
(For I Am Persuaded That Neither Death Nor Life,)
Destroy peace,
(Nor Principalities Nor Powers,)
It cannot kill friendship, it cannot
(Nor Things Present Nor Things To Come,)
Suppress memories,
(Nor Height Depth, Nor Any Created Things,
It cannot silence courage, it cannot
(Shall Be Able To Separate Us)
Invade the Soul
(From The Love Of God,)
It cannot steal eternal life,
(Which Is In)
It Cannot
(Christ Jesus Our Lord) Romans 8:37-39
Conquer the Spirit.
~ From a blog on the American Cancer Society website
And for what it robs us of...
That much more He will redeem...oh the glory my sweet aunt is experiencing. Knowing that she is whole, complete and well gives me such peace...oh how I miss her and hate what leukemia has robbed us of.
But I hold on to what I know to be true...
Nothing will ever separate us from the love of our Lord...nothing.





3 comments:
i'm so sorry to hear about aunt F's passing, but know that she is with our Lord and Savior and enjoying heaven!! that is the comfort!!! will be praying for you and family
My girls struggle with their own medical problems, nothing as severe as childhood cancer, but nonetheless it still robs us of what was intended for them and their little lives. Honestly, I have been struggling with that a lot in the last few weeks. I will be praying for you and your family in your time of grief. Remember, that as we enter the season of Easter, that He is the one who is victorious in the end and that there is so much HOPE.
I'm so sorry. Holding your family in thought and prayer...
Post a Comment