Camryn is in the process of being weaned off of her cyclosporin...one cannot simply just stop taking this med. The weaning is a slow, delicate process as all the while signs of GVH are watched for.
Yesterday Camryn's labs came back great...to quote Camryn's nurse practitioner "they look great!!!" WooHoo! Her levels are pretty stable these days, which is exactly what is wanted; no real changes at all. Her white count continues to inch up and once she is completely off of the cyclosporin it should take a jump. Camryn was weaned off of cyclosporin in the summer and that is what brought the GVH rash on in full force, so we are pretty prepared that maybe some GVH might crop up, which really is okay.
Camryn also has a loose front tooth...we are working on wiggling, jiggling, trying with all our might to get it out. But, the sucker is being a bit stubborn. We are continuing to work with Camryn on her teeth/mouth issues, I won't lie it is an uphill battle. She hates anything having to do with her mouth, honestly, I think it's a reverting back to some very dark and hard days in the hospital dealing with mouth care that has her so scared. Guess there are many little things about this journey that just aren't normal or even right...
But, Camryn continues to do well in light of all the circumstances that she doesn't love. She continues to make the best of everything...
Wyatt is doing well these days too. He has some moments of "terrible three's" and wants to exert his opinion verbally and very loudly. He continues to enjoy his sister completely...in fact right this minute they are playing princesses and Wyatt of course is her prince charming. He really is an easy boy, unless he is tired and hungry and then watch out...reminds me of someone I know, oh wait it's me. :) He adds so much to our lives that I find myself just wondering what the days hold for him...
This past year has held many ups and downs and throughout out it all one thing remains that no matter how much time passes, no matter how many meds are weaned, no matter how we grow...we cannot escape who we are. We are a family of four who battle cancer in some ways...
As Camryn told Wyatt the other night...
"Oh silly, you're more than my brother you are my donor."
And then she went on to say...
"And I'm the survivor."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
"Oh silly, you're more than my brother you are my donor."
And then she went on to say...
"And I'm the survivor."
Oh, that made me cry!!! I am so glad her labs came back good and the wean is going okay for her. I can imagine she'd have some feelings surrounding the hospital- that's normal. Just be gentle with her (as I know you are) and she will come around. Your duo is so sweet. I am glad they have eachother...
xoxo,
erika
What a powerful description made by such a little girl! Praying that the weaning goes well and the that just the right amount of GVH comes up. We have a three year old at our house that has those moments of the terrible threes. More of those than in the twos.
Post a Comment