Sunday, February 21, 2010

i need some beautiful...

Yesterday Camryn and Wyatt began battling a cold, the same cold that I brought home with me from my visit up north. We have played it pretty low-key this weekend and thus far Camryn is staying fever free! If Camryn gets a fever we have to make the dreaded call, which inevitably means packed bags and days spent at the hotel, I mean hospital. So we are thankful...thankful that so far it's a cold. And we are praying it stays that way!

In light of the cold we didn't know if we would get to make it to a very special event tonight...this date has been circled on the calendar for months and we just knew two certain little kids would be heartbroken to not go.

Where did we go?

To hear our most favorite choir girl in the entire world sing...and let me just say that for the record Camryn just knows that Kelly is by far the best in the whole choir!

As we sat listening to amazing music and smiling, waving and clapping for Kelly; tears filled my eyes. It has been a while, alright a long while since I have sat in a church and listened to amazing music. The songs were just an amazing blend of sound and words...simply beautiful worship.

The pastor got up and welcomed people and said the usual few words, but something caught my ear and heart...

"I need some beautiful..."

My heart just stopped and paused. In the midst of these past few weeks I felt as if my heart echoed the same sentiments...I long for some beautiful...

And then the music came and it was overwhelmingly beautiful...amazing thoughts of God's unending, amazing love and the praise to which is due His name. Oh, it was beautiful...

Thanks Kelly for inviting us to something beautiful...for allowing us to be a part of your life. We sure do love you!

May the beauty of tonight follow into tomorrow and the days after...Hope you find some beautiful too!

No comments: