Thursday, February 25, 2010

heaven...

He will do what he promised he would do. I will make all things new, he promised. I will restore what was taken. I will restore your years drooped on crutches and trapped in wheelchairs. I will restore the smiles faded by hurt. I will replay the symphonies unheard by deaf ears and the sunsets unseen by blind eyes. The mute will sing. The poor will feast. The wounds will heal. I will make all things new. I will restore all things. The child snatched by disease will run to your arms. The freedom lost to oppression will dunce in your heart. The peace of a pure heart will be my gift to you. I will make all things new. New hope. New faith. And most of all new Love. The Love of which all other loves speak. The Love before which all other loves pale. The Love you have sought in a thousand ports in a thousand nights. . . this Love of mine, will be yours.
~ Max Lucado

Contemplating a lot about heaven these days...maybe because this weekend I will travel up north for my sweet aunt's memorial service. Maybe because the month of February is almost over. Maybe because next week will mark the birthday of my twin nephews B & E...

Found the quote above and it gave me chills...

Oh the glory of it all...

The beauty of it all...

Oh if only, if only we really grasped, we really knew...

The gift that awaits us...

Heaven.

3 comments:

Devon said...

thats a beautiful quote....thank you for sharing.

i'll be praying for you this weekend...

Katie said...

Max Lucado is pretty special isnt he?
Havent posted a comment lately (hectic, hectic) but have been popping on here to see how things are going and was glad to see that the cold has stayed as "just" a cold for everyone. Amazing to think that February, the month that you were so anticipating is almost over.

Michelle said...

i think about Heaven a lot.

when i was going into my first brain surgery (december 4 2008, i was 22) i was conscious when they were prepping me on the operating table. as they put the mask over my face to put me to sleep, a nurse with the same name was me was holding my hand. tears were streaming down my face...

...and then God's voice & peace filled my head & heart.

i knew - KNEW - that my eyes WOULD open again! maybe in the PACU, maybe in Heaven, but my life wasn't over. even if my body died, my spirit was in no danger whatsoever.

when i went into an emergency brain surgery exactly a year later (december 17 2009) i remembered that, and was literally smiling as they put me to sleep. no fears, even though i suffered brain damage after the first surgery... just peace, peace that can only come from the One who is its Prince.

- michelle