Monday, February 23, 2009

patience

Today had been a day of much anticipation...Camryn was supposed to go into surgery for her line at 3pm and then start her arsenic treatment, well...remember that we are now expecting the unexpected? That was today.

Camryn did not get into surgery until 7pm...yes, four hours later. An emergency came up and they needed to bump Camryn...which we understand as adults, but try explaining that to a 4 year old who had not eaten anything until 7:00 this morning. She was cranky and her IVs were not drawing blood very well and it seemed as if things were just getting worse and worse. I won't lie...the tears seemed to come today. Just seeing Camryn uncomfortable, in pain, cranky, angry and about everything other emotion a 4 year old with leukemia can have...nearly broken me in two. I'm not sure how to do this again...I mean my mind does, but my heart is finding it harder and harder.

After waiting 2 hours in the surgery waiting room...they called and we went to see Camryn in recovery. We waited with her in recovery for an hour and finally we were able to head back upstairs to our room to get settled back in...Camryn is doing well now. Still cranky and just upset...but, her central line is placed and that means no more pokes! Praise the Lord, one hurdle crossed.

Since her surgery was so late she will not be starting her arsenic tonight and will start it tomorrow hopefully in the morning...that bumps us back a day, but we are hopeful that all will go well and we will still be on track for doing 5 days in patient and the rest as an out patient.

Camryn also had a lumbar puncture while in surgery to check for leukemia cells in her spinal fluid...thankfully, no leukemia cells were found.

Thank for the many prayers and comments people literally all over the world have left us...we thank you. We thank you for lifting our little girl up in prayer. We know there is no greater act than to lift her up to the Father.

Jason and I are doing well...learning how to navigate these feelings and such again. Honestly, it is sort of like riding a bike...you never forget. You never forget the little tricks that you learn...the little things that novice parents would never know except from experience. I guess there is a blessing hiding in there somewhere...

We are tired...it's 11:30pm, but our little fighter is almost asleep and hopefully won't be bothered for awhile...so it's off to try to get some rest too.

Praying to be renewed tomorrow with peace and strength for another day...

29 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for Camryn and you both this morning.

Kayla said...

you are so strong..hang in there, your little figther will pull through and the Lord will help you & your family!! i will be praying for you all..

Christa said...

I also found your blog on Kelly's Korner... I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, Camryn, and your family!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Praise God for no leukemia in the spinal fluid. Praying for you! We love you guys!

Tammy On the Go said...

Lookinat at your blog for hope. My dear friend has just put her 2 year old in the Hospital with stage 4 liver cancer. I am clinging to the cross adnthe hope of healing.

Terri said...

You and your precious daughter will be in my thougths and prayers.....

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubs said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and my heart hurts for you. Your strength and faith in God shine in your writing and your precious little girl and whole family will be in my prayers. May God rain His peace and strength down on you and His healing on your little girl.

j3k said...

I don't know how I feel upon your blog but I am so thankful I did. I have sat here and cried as I read your story. Now as I pull myself together the prayers are starting. I have 4 children and I don't even want to imagine what you are going through. I will pray everyday.

Hearts and Hugs
The Wimsett's

dreamtrip said...

I just want you to know I read through your blog today and my heart hurts for what Camryn and your family are having to endure. You sound like a wonderful family. You will all be in my prayers.

Erika said...

What a long day! I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that the spinal tap came back clean - Praise God for that!

I'm new to your blog - I came over from Kelly's Korner - and I just wanted to let you all know that I'm sending prayers up from NH!
~Hugs & prayers
Erika

Anonymous said...

I've been to two BMT celebrations at City of Hope the last two years...to celebrate my mom's recovery--I am awed by the number of people who have been given the gift of life--because God is so good. I lift your family up in prayers...

Devon said...

d - all i can say is step by step, day by day...thats all your heart can handle right now. day by day you walk...just as you did before. i know the journey seems incredibly long right now, and we all know it is, but you can't take all that right now...

step by step. he will carry you. no matter what the journey throws at you...not saying its going to be easy. just that he will be there.

love you.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Camryn and your family from Louisiana.

Kierstyn said...

Dana, you don't know me. But I'm praying for you. As a mother of a four year old girl myself, I'm lifting you and Camryn up to our Heavenly Father.

Daberath said...

Hope today has been a better day....a day full of renewed strength and hope. Praying for your dear family!

Mel said...

I another "stranger" praying and praying not only for your little girl but for you and your family to have the strength to make it everyday. We will walk with you and pray for you and hope for the Lord to bring healing.

-Mel in Texas

Anonymous said...

wE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL
gRANDPA mIKELS ALWAYS SAID TO READ PROV. 3:5&6 WHEN THINGS WERE TOUGH AND HARD, SO I PASS THAT ON TO YOU. wE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU wE LOVE YOU FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE MEET HERE OR IN THE AIR.
LOVE AUNT MISSY UNCLE JERRY JEREMY AND JESSICA

Nelle said...

My son had ALL back in 1990. Because of his age he was DOUBLE high risk and we were very scared. We got everyone we knew to pray and he endured three years of chemo but he is fine today. Trust in the Lord. He will get you through this.I will be praying for all of you. It is so difficult to watch your child go through this. Only the Lord could give me the strength and peace I needed.

The Richards Family said...

I found you on Kelly's Korner and I am from Texas. I AM PRAYING for your daughter and the rest of the family..

Thea said...

I was just saying a quick prayer and this verse came to mind... "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished " Luke 1:45

All the promises of God are true -and everything He has promised is true.

I pray you find yourselves carried on the wings of the prayers of everyone who is lifting you up and that your sweetie pie gets some good rest tonight.

Karen said...

You have to see how this father's research helped his 2 yr old with leukemia go into remission. He loves the LORD- it's pretty miraculous.
http://www.jaymun.com/journal/
I'm praying for you- I came here from baby Harper/Kelly's Korner

Anonymous said...

Jaymun.com

Anonymous said...

Jaymun.com look at blog 2/2/09

Anonymous said...

I too came to your blog from Kelly's korner....I am also praying for Camryn.....Keep fighting little one!!!

~praying in central IL~

Kerri said...

Thinking about Camryn & continueing to pray!!!

Wilson Family said...

Just thinking of you as always. I hope today was a good day. Love you so much! Praying constantly for Gods comfort on you all.

Anonymous said...

Saw your blog on Kelly's Korner as well...your story breaks my heart as I have a 7, 6, and 18 month old. I am lifting your baby girl up...I am praying for peace, for rest, and for absolute healing.

Lost in Space said...

Continuing to pray for your family - for Camryn's strength and healing as well as some peaceful moments for your family as you help your sweet girl to find comfort.