Wednesday, February 4, 2009

adventures in costco

Tonight we ran over to Costco to get some much needed items for lunches and such. Camryn and Wyatt usually do really well as they like to ride side by side in the cart and look at the books, movies and such. Well tonight we had quite the adventure...

We decided to eat dinner before going as to ward off any hunger pains while in Costco...Wyatt really didn't eat much, but I didn't think anything of it. Camryn ate really well and to be honest, we were much more focused on that as she hasn't had quite an appetite lately. So, off we went...

As we looked at the movies, books and began working our way back to the cake, bread and such Wyatt gets this really weird look on his face and just throws up all over himself...and doing what all moms do, I tried to catch it. What in the world? Am I trying to save the Costco carts, floors...I have no idea. But, what motherly instinct is it to try to catch vomit? I cannot figure that out. I got him out of the cart and held him...while he throw up again. We made our way over to a trash can and by now people are noticing and looking. Wyatt isn't crying he is just saying..."I sick Mama." Camryn is handling all of this well...Jason and I both decide to leave the cart and just go home. But, Wyatt's shirt is covered and he is crying now because his shirt is a mess. I take his shirt off and head to the bathroom to wash his hands and my own. As we walked through Costco with a shirtless Wyatt and me trying to consol him, he is saying, "I not sick anymore Mama."

Jason and Camryn ran and got a few items we needed and I grabbed a pj set to change Wyatt into. I had neglected to bring a bag or change of clothes as at almost 2 1/2 I just don't feel the need anymore...boy was I mistaken tonight.

We finally made it home and Wyatt had a low grade fever. We gave him some medicine and he headed to bed...poor little guy. Hopefully he'll wake up better tomorrow...

All I can say is a Wednesday night boring trip to Costco became quite an adventure.

2 comments:

cassie@itenney.com said...

Oh my dear friend, what a night you had. :) Love you!

Wanda said...

it really sounded like a "great" adventure and i couldn't help laughing while i was readying. isn't it strange what a mother will do??? i would love to have seen you "catching" that vomit!! yeah, you'll have a good laugh about this in the years to come!! sorry for the mess, which i am sure you didn't think the slightest bit funny at the time!! Hope your day will be better!!