Heard this quote today from Dr.C...the doctors are liking what they are seeing in Camryn's numbers. Slow and steady...this is ideal and so far Camryn's following right along. Yesterday .13, today .22! We are now officially termed as engrafting...meaning Wyatt's marrow is setting up shop and producing new cells. Woohoo! Dr.C was very encouraged and said the less I have to say to you the better...Camryn is doing well and we'll continue to watch her counts throughout the week, and for signs of GVH. We've started to see some which is good news...it's coming naturally and we are praying that continues. For today the signs were all positive.
Camryn's doctors also officially discontinued her PCA (morphine pump)...YAY! Camryn is now off of pain meds and doing fabulous! She has not complained of pain at all, a true tribute to Wyatt's marrow producing white cells. Go Wy Go! Her rash and scratch on her nose are healing nicely as well...
All in all today was a positive day, so we'll take it!
Because we know that not all days are like this...in fact the doctors were very late rounding because they were discussing new diagnosis and treatments with a new family. Oh, how my heart aches for them...and as Jason said, "From where they are standing this is completely overwhelming and never ending." It's true...I don't know any details, but I ask you to pray for Camryn's fellow hemoc buddies as all these children are fighting and dealing with this that are simply not fair...but we know someone who is much bigger than all of that.
Today as Jason and I took a walk just to get some sunshine and enjoy the day...I looked at the blue sky that has been covered in June gloom lately and just breathed deeply. Thankful for today...I had a very rough time going to sleep last night, there are just those lonely, dark and quiet moments that everything comes...and I prayed that today, a Monday the start of our fourth week would be one of renewal...
And it was...Camryn enjoyed the day. Oh she hates it here, but she makes the best of it...she is learning to grin and bear it. I'm incredibly proud of her, Jason and I both are. There is so limit the love and admiration we feel for Camryn...she is truly a gift from the Lord.
Physically Camryn is doing well, emotionally she is struggling...I have shared bits of her struggle, but it's very difficult for her. Inasmuch as we are praying for her physically, we are also praying for her emotionally...this all takes it toll, on no one more than her. But we know that the Lord continues to protect not only her body, but also her heart.
Day +11...we start our fourth week...slow and steady and isn't it...
Slow and steady wins the race?
Fighting, Hoping, Surviving...to win!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
I have been reading your blog for a while and have become quite attached lately. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your beautiful girl and your precious family.
Jamie in NC
In Italy my family is praying for your.
Sara, Lorenzo, Edoardon and Carlo
Yeah, glad to hear the numbers are doing what they are supposed to. We will be praying for more signs of GVH. I will specifically be praying for Camryn emotionally. I can't even imagine how hard this would be for a 5 year old. My God keep your family in His arms today and everyday.
So thankful for strong and healthy bodies!
Praying for ALL of you and your strength. May the Lord uplift you all in His hand and hold you steady right there. Our family is praying. ♥
I will pray for the emotionall part of this all...I can´t even imagine how hard it has to be, and my heart is breaking every time when I think about how hard it is for all of you and especially for Camryn...I´m praying all the time :)
XOXO
Jarka
I am praying for slow, steady and SURE! Amen.
Blessings,
Evah.
Praying for sure and steady healing, and peace and grace for you all.
Cxx
What a great post. Seeing some sunshine and blue sky always helps a little to life the spirits I think :o)
And obviously fantastic news on Camryn - she is doing so well, but yes, I can imagine that it must be really tough for her emotionally.
Thank God for Doctors who arent starchy and aloof and thank God for Camryns wonderful family who surround her with their love and faith.
Katie :o)
slow and steady is right and she WILL win the race.... continually praying!!!
i just found your blog the other day and sat here for a few hours reading your entire blog. i don't even remember how i found it, but wow yall are amazing people. Im just 17, so i guess im just a child myself but I could tell you I would never be able to handle what Camryn is going through at my age and def. not at FIVE years old, no 5 year old should have to go through what she is going through. She seems so sweet and her smile is so contagious! I've caught myself checking your blog several times a day to see if there is a update on Camryn. Just know that I am praying for her and your entire family! Hope she continues to feel better and better by the minute.
praying in SC!
Post a Comment