Camryn & Wyatt enjoying computer time...they find all sorts of games to play. Since Camryn can't run all over the place and play...Wyatt enjoys just hanging out with her, enjoying time spent with her. They are too cute together.
Me and My Girl...oh how I love this little face. Words just aren't enough to express the love that I feel for Cam. She's simply the best...
Enjoying mat time with Grandma...the kids enjoy being together, but they also enjoy spending time with their visitors. Breaks up the monotony of each day...
The Dynamic Duo...
Friday has come and almost gone...another week, funny how I honestly cannot wrap my mind around how quickly and yet how slowly it all seems to be going. Today Wyatt came to visit Camryn and of course that brought a much needed smile to her face. Camryn is so ready to be home...but, until then visits from Wy seem to lift her spirits.
The big news today is the echocardiagram showed that Camryn's blood clot is getting smaller. Yay! The shots seem to be working combined with Camryn's body being able to absorb the clot as well. We are so very thankful that the clot is not getting bigger...most likely we'll be sent home on Lovenox shots, but we are okay with that as long as they are working to shrink the clot!
Count news...well, it's still the same. In fact Cam's white count dropped a bit to .99, but her ANC is still holding at 200. So another day...hopeful for tomorrow.
Today was full of hearing the same type of thing..."it's really in Camryn's best interest that the numbers are coming in slowly, less risk of something wrong happening."..."it's better for Cam"..."it'll come, it'll come"...
We know it is best for Camryn and are beginning to really let go of the waiting...there is nothing we can do to make it go faster and just getting anxious and worrying isn't helping anything. So we'll wait...as incredibly hard as it is. But on the good side of things Camryn is eating more and more and holding her transfusions for at least a week. So really she is doing the other stuff to go home...and once the counts come we'll be ready.
But we are continually praying for counts as it is getting harder and harder on Camryn to be in the hospital...she got very discouraged today when Wyatt left. She is just tired...and I don't blame her.
So for now we wait and continue to try to make life as great as we can for both our kids...
Wyatt is enjoying being home tonight playing, coloring, doing puzzles and just liking home. He is struggling at times as he misses his sister terribly...and I hope it won't be much longer for him.
Camryn is finding things to occupy her time...she is enjoying her Barbie dolls, Littlest Pet Shop, computer, television, coloring...oh all the things we have to do with her.
Hope each of you has a wonderful weekend...hopeful to maybe post great numbers soon. Please continue to pray for Camryn...for protection from fevers, for good eating and drinking, for comfort...and numbers! Please continue to pray for Wyatt...for care, protection and security as he adjusts to his world now. And for home...that it'll be coming soon.
Until then...we patiently wait, well, really as best we can.





5 comments:
Just sending prayers your way. Here's to God sending a miraculous jump in those blood levels. God bless Camryn and your beautiful family
We will pray for all of those things, my friend. Such precious pictures.
Dear Dana,
I have been following your story for awhile (from the Colbert's blog via our friend Josh). As I read about your days spent in the hospital and in so much isolation I am touched by your situation. It is amazing how we take everyday activities, like being outside and enjoying the summer weather, for granted (and sometimes even complain about the heat and humidity in central Ohio). I am sure Camryn would love to feel the fresh air on her face, no matter how hot or cold it would be. :)
I have so much respect for you and your husband as you go through this enormous struggle together. Although it is Camryn who is sick and no doubt suffering, as the adults in her life you and Jason must feel a tremendous burden as you try to make the world right for her and Wyatt. I pray that you each find the strength to help one another and your beautiful children along this very difficult path.
I am praying for your parents too as I am sure their hearts must be heavy watching their children and grandchildren struggling. It is surely their wish to make your world right! I know that is how my husband and I feel as we watch our children's and grandchildren's lives unfold.
Mostly I am praying for Camryn's counts to improve so that your hospital stay will end and your family can be together at home. I hope by July 4th she will have her "Independence Day!"
Please know that many other people you have never met are likely sharing my same thoughts and sending Wishes for Wellness (of body, mind and spirit) your way.
It's lovely to see the photos, especially seeing a photo of you, the person who I am leaving these little messages to!
There are so many cliches about everything working out if we are patient that I wont add them because you know what they are and we know that this is all in His time and everything WILL all work out.
Katie :o)
P.S. hoping this wont show twice, having some computer issues!!
Go Cam...you keep getting better and I will keep praying for you...oh ok, I will continue to pray for you no matter what. What an awesome family you guys are. I hope for improvements in the days to come.
Post a Comment