Well, I wish I could report today that we saw significant jumps in Camryn's numbers; but we didn't. In fact her white count went from 1.09 to 1.07, nothing alarming or problematic. Just means we wait some more. Camryn's ANC is still at 100...which is okay. Everyone keeps assuring us that this is all normal, that every child is different and that Camryn is doing well. We are just waiting...
As hard as it is to wait, and believe me it's hard. When Camryn is feeling as well as she is feeling it is hard to rationalize with her that she needs to be here...we try to do our best. Trying to encourage her to eat, drink and take the baby steps necessary to show the doctors that she is ready to go home once her counts and such are ready. Today Camryn did much better eating, she is not at least trying more and starting to request certain items...all great steps in the right direction. Also, we got Camryn to drink 2 juice boxes...as the doctors have cut back her IV fluids it is important that she start drinking on her own. We are thankful that things are going well.
Because we know all to well that things don't always go well...actually today on the way back from Ralph's Jason and I were chatting about waiting and how hard it is. And as we talked we realized that as hard as the waiting is, it could be so much harder. We could be battling fevers, infections, all sorts of things...but, we aren't. And we are praying that we don't...that we just wait for counts.
And as we spend lots and lots of hours in the hospital I am reading a lot...honestly, all sorts of things. But last night I started to go back to a book I started a few weeks ago...and then today I was reading it again...
I Am Not But I Know I Am by Louie Giglio
As I was reading today the words jumped off the page...
And in the days to come, when you're questioning, needing, searching, wondering, asking, and struggling, you will find His sufficiency at the end of every desperate prayer. When you cry out all the things that you are not, you'll know His answer is, "I AM."
For every cry, there is one answer:
I need help
I AM.
I need hope,
I AM.
Who could possibly be smart enough to figure this out?
I AM.
What works?
I AM.
What lasts?
I AM.
What's the latest thing?
I AM.
What's the hippest thing?
I AM.
I need a fresh start,
I AM.
I need a bigger story,
I AM.
My vision is bigger than my resources
I AM.
Nothing's real anymore,
I AM.
Who can I trust?
I AM.
I'm not sure who's on my team.
I AM.
Nobody's listening to me.
I AM.
I don't have a prayer.
I AM.
My marriage is sinking and I don't know where to turn,
I AM.
I can't hold on.
I AM.
My kids deserve more,
I AM.
I'm pouring into other, who's pouring into me?
I AM.
If we fail, who will get the job done?
I AM.
I'm not sure why I'm here,
I AM.
I've given all I can give and it's not enough,
I AM.
I'm tired.
I AM.
I quit!
I AM.
I can't!
I AM.
I need a drink.
I AM.
I need a fix,
I AM.
I need a lover,
I AM.
Somebody just hold me.
I AM.
And what does this great I AM say of Himself? he says to you and to me: "I am the way, I am the truth, and I am the life. I am the resurrection and the life. I am Savior. I am Jesus - the solution, the restorer, the builder, the answer, the Wise One, the Coming One, the Mighty One. I am the Lord and there is no other. I am God and there is none besides Me. I am the First and the Last. I am the Alpha and Omega. I am the Beginning and the End. I am the Lord, that is My name, and I will not give My glory to another, or any of My praise to idols. I AM THAT I AM, and that is My name - My memorial name to ever single generation."
And in light of all that I AM is I realize that I am not...
I am not the one who can change the days to make them go faster, nor am I the one who can make Camryn's labs jump. I am not the one who can erase leukemia from my family's life, nor am I the one who can fix all of this. I am not the one who wrote my children's stories, nor am I the one whose they are.
I am not, but praise the Lord that He made the way possible for me to know I AM...
Jesus...there is no greater word (as David Crowder Band says).
No greater word...





6 comments:
You are amazing and speak to my heart in such incredible ways. Thank you for posting this. Thank you for reminding me that HE is, through everything He is.. as I struggle with my own small battles (in comparison to yours) I am just amazed at your amazing faith. Thank you for sharing. I am praying for Camryn and all of you.
Ps I may post this piece to my blog as well, to encourage others as you have encouraged me
You have blessed me greatly today. Thank you for sharing.
Prayers for the family.
(((HUGS))) for you.
Tricia
I LOVE this post. Thanks for sharing the thoughts from the book! I AM, yes He is!!!! There are some really deep thoughts there, yet simple at the same time. Wow!
This morning I prayed for Camyrn and will continue to do so. A friend of my daughter's (25) is coming over tonight to borrow some stuff for her upcoming wedding. Several years ago (high school) she gave her brother her bone marrow as he had leukemia, too. She has prayed for Camyrn as well.
Carla in Maryland
Dana - reminds me of the song "Oh My God" by jars of clay. Well worth a listen.
What a beautiful post. We all can apply this quote to our lives and our daily trials. Thank you for reminding those of us who already knew, and most of all for sharing with those who don't know I AM yet. Way to lead the way, girl!
Thank you for using your own trials to share your faith!
Post a Comment