Today is Day +13 and you know it was a lucky or rather I should say a blessed day. Wyatt and I headed down to the hospital bright and early as Wyatt decided not to sleep in today...so we headed out to see Camryn and Daddy. Called Jason on the way and he said that Dr.C had already been in and was hopeful that Camryn's counts came up again...her labs were not back as of that moment.
When I got there Jason said that our Nurse Chelsea had said that Camryn's hemoglobin and hematocrit had both risen slightly on their own...awesome! But, her white count labs were not back yet...
We started chatting with Camryn and Daddy...Wyatt opened a gift someone had sent for him and they started playing. Chelsea came walking through the door and said, "I have a great lab sheet for you today!" Camryn's white count is at .45 and she has the first glimmer of an ANC at 100! Everyone was so excited today...the doctors nurses everyone made a very big deal out of reach a 100 which made Camryn feel good. I think for the first time she started to see that she is getting better. Plus, she knows when she reaches 500 so can schedule a private playtime session in the play room...so that's an incentive for sure!
Camryn's also holding her transfusions well, which is a very good sign...you have to be able to hold transfusions before you can go home. We aren't there yet, but the fact that she is doing that now is awesome! We are so thankful that her counts continue to hold strong. Go Wy's marrow Go!!
Camryn and Wyatt enjoyed the day together doing puzzles, playing cars, talking, taking pictures...yes, it was quite a day. We were very thankful that Wyatt is able to come down, every time he comes it encouraging Camryn so much. He truly is her best medicine in more ways than one.
The other highlight of the day? Eating...Camryn hasn't eaten in a long time, her stomach after chemo and radiation couldn't take it and then her throat pain set in. But today she took her first bites of cereal...and again it was a much celebrated accomplishment. Have I told you how much I love the staff at UCLA? They truly care and know what the transplant kids need...and positive reinforcement is the biggest thing. Now, Cam's not eating too much...but it's a start and that's all we ask. Baby steps...
Tonight Camryn had to have a CT scan to check for any sinus infections, she has a runny nose so the infectious disease doctors want to cover all the options. Jason said that all went well and Camryn did what she needed to...so that is done! All that was left tonight was her Lovenox shot and then hopefully bed. Camryn's had a full day and needs a good night's sleep.
Wyatt's sleeping for the night...if you think of it would you please say a prayer for our lil guy. He is struggling...the last few days lots of tears, melt-downs and such...he just wants his family here at home. And I don't blame him...it's a lot for his two-year-old understanding. We just love our Wy so and we are thankful for him in so many ways...I am hopeful that Camryn's time in the hospital is on the shorter end and soon we'll be a family of four under one roof. Until then we continue to trust Wyatt to the Lord as much as we trust Camryn to Him.
A level of exhaustion has poured over Jason and me...we are tired, it is emotionally and physically exhausting to walk this path. We are trying our best to find rest and renewal...but it's hard. The weight of all of this seems heavier than we can bear at times...but, we continue to get up each morning, hopeful for good news. And we trust the journeys of the day to the Lord, but there are days when I think we are both just struggling not to lose it altogether. And in those moments the Lord quietly reminds my heart and mind of things that are so right and true...He speaks to my heart in the quiet moments and sometimes it is His companionship that gets me through those dark, hard times.
Just like today...I was listening to my ipod on the way home and one of my favorite songs comes on. Honestly, it was the that got my through Cam's first transplant...so I share it with you, hopeful that it speaks to your heart. Because I know that we are not the only ones walking a difficult path...countless people are and to each of you I hope that the Lord meets you wherever you are...
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles





11 comments:
Dear Dana and family,
We have been keeping you in our prayers. What a joy to see Camryn and Wy smiling tonight. Precious little children, Our God is so great. What good news to hear of her count growing. We give thanks for all that He has done. I will continue to pray for strength for you and Jason during this time.
Again, God bless and good night!
Love,
Bill, Linda and Jared Taylor
And we are praying still, too! Lots of love from the Stricklands and me!
Praising God with you for your amazing miracle girl! So thankful to hear her levels are increasing, that she is eating, and that she is holding her transfusions. Also sorry to hear of Wyatt's time of struggle right now. I will pray for him and for all of you. Here's to another wonderful few days with NOTHING but positive news. Praising God with you for His miraculous work!!! God bless
Great to hear about the numbers! Praying for the wonderful 500 mark to come soon! Praying for strength for all of you. We will specifically be praying for Wyatt since he is struggling.
That is a fantastic song...I listen to Chris Tomlin's version over and and over and over. I lost my dad to cancer last fall and it was that song that got me through everything we had to deal with in the process of his illness and passing.
I am continuing to pray for Camryn, Wyatt and your family as a whole. I cannot imagine the level of emotional and spiritual exhaustion. I cannot over much except my continued prayers and praises for the healing God is already doing.
Hang in there!
Thank you, Lord for good news! Thank you for the outpouring of healing and restoration you are bringing to Camryn's body. I know, Father, that you are holding her in your hand and protecting her body; but please God put a shield of protection around her. Protect her from small setbacks, Lord. Thank you God for Wyatt. I pray that you would send your angels of understanding to his little mind. Help him to hear Your voice and focus on the things of you. We know he's little God...but oh how big you are! Thank you Jesus for the power of peace that surpasses all understanding. Let it rest upon the shoulders of these young parents today and renew their hope and strength. Take it to a new place today, sweet Lord. Help them to feel you and have their eyes only be able to focus on you. Be in the stillness, God and bring comfort. We love you and trust you for this testimony and this family! Thank you for trusting them to be used of you. We know you're doing a mighty work!!!
In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!
Just remember when you feel weak or alone us blog friends will always be here to try and lift you back up. Many, many prayers are coming your way from a blog stranger in Atlanta, GA.
What great news that Camryn's results are all coming back with signs that she is slowly but surely on the mend - yay for Wyatt's juice :o)
I wish that you could buy bottled emotional strength and energy - I would send you a crate today. But your faith is your strength and I know that God's love is an endless supply so you will make it.
Katie :o)
Hello Dana,
We have never met but it appears our children are both fighting the same battle on the same hospital unit. I was talking with Nurse Michelle and we exchanged blogs. I was looking at Michelle's blog and came across the "dynamic duo." I have never met you but I was so deeply moved by your daughters journey and strength. It is tremendously comforting reading your story and it helps to not feel so alone in this battle. I will be thinking of your Camryn and praying for her. My baby, Evelyn who is not quite 3 months old will have a cord blood stem cell transplant in approximately one month. We have been IP non-stop since her DX on April 10th. It appears we will have to go through radiation as well. Our blog is teamdoyle.blogspot.com. If you every feel like chatting please let me know. I basically live at the hospital with Evelyn- we are in rm 3531.
Best Wishes,
Bobbie Doyle
Prayers from Maryland!
Love the picture and the smiles!
Carla
I got hooked on your blog through the Colbert's family blog. It is so amazing how well Camryn and Wyatt are doing. Praise God! He does amazing things. I am praying for your whole family as you go through this journey. May God keep blessing Camryn with better and better days...
~Bekky
Post a Comment