Today started with me heading down super early to start packing up Camryn's room, it's amazing what we had amassed. So, Wyatt went to Grandma Mikels and I headed out...got to UCLA and got the report that yes in fact today is the day! Dr.M and Dr.W came by and chatted with Jason about what was to come...how Cam's counts looked today and just info. I got to UCLA and I'll admit I wasn't too sure Cam was okay...she looked so sad. I think she was a little worried that maybe she would not go home...don't think she could truly be excited until she was actually walking out the door. We got started on taking her meds and I am pleased to report Camryn is doing MUCH better. She is keeping her meds down and fighting them much less, so thankful! As we waited for discharge papers and prescriptions we packed up stuff and just got things ready. My parents came down to give us an extra car as it took two cars to get Camryn home after her first transplant...so no doubt two cars were needed this time. As my parents hung out with Camryn we made trips to the car...felt surreal to be taking Cam's things to the car. Kept thinking to myself, this is really happening.
We continued to wait and wait for all the paper work...there was some confusion about Camryn's Lovenox shots and home health care, but thankful at 3:00 it was all settled and we had the okay to go home. I signed the papers and we were on our way! Camryn said good-bye to her nurses...she is really going to miss them. She commented today, "Mom, what am I going to do without my nurses? I will miss them." And she will...for 5 weeks they were her friends, making her smile, laugh, enjoy life. I assured her we'd come to visit...can't spend 5 weeks with a team of people and not feel connected. Thankful for the care Camryn received, it was the best.
As we walked out...Camryn got a perk in her step...this was happening, she was going home!
We got to the car and she just smiled and smiled...couldn't get enough of the fact that she was going home. On the way home she fell asleep...and about 1 minute before we were home I woke her up and when we pulled in the driveway she was out of the car so fast...HOME!
Our dear friend Kelly brought some balloons over to celebrate, thanks Kel. Camryn loved them and can't wait to see you!
Grandma Mikels and Papa & Grandma Wilson were here to welcome Camryn home...they all had the biggest smiles, just so excited to see their girl home. And of course Wyatt was waiting...
He was SO excited, in fact tonight he hasn't let her out of his sight...following her from room to room. Playing whatever he can with her...being her best friend. Oh they have had a blast tonight. Camryn's room is thrashed...as it should be. Wyatt is about ready to crash, but is going strong because he's with Camryn.
Jason and I are loving the relaxation of home...just being here brings such relief and comfort. Hopeful for a very restful days...just to catch up.
Here are a few pictures...hope you enjoy.
Today is Day +25...would you believe we came home from Camryn's first transplant at Day +28. Amazing! Camryn is a fighter, the spunk to keep going and to fight whatever comes her way.
Camryn Lee...
You are our hero and we love you so!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy and Wyatt





20 comments:
been smiling all day with you!
just so nice to know you are home and that cam is where she belongs.
love you all SO much and will continue to keep cam in our prayers...
she's home! two words i can appreciate...LOVE you.
Reading this gave me goosebumps. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. What a wonderful post this was to read!
Contratulations
It is most woderful t hear that you are home. And in just 25 days, out before the end of June. It is a Testament of Camryn's and your family's strength and courage through this time of dreadful hardship.
I pray that Camryn will continue to do well on the road to recovery.
Well Done a good luck fr the recovery days ahead = ]
I've got tears in my eyes as I read this! Praise God for His faithfullness and strenght He has given to your family!
Continuing to pray for her counts to keep going up!
Enjoy your new routine at home! You and Jason are doing an amazing job as well!
Thanks for the pictures of your precious girl!
(((HUGS))) from Indiana!!
Yay! Welcome home!
Father God, Thank you for bringing Camyrn home. I pray she continues to get stronger and healthier each and every day. We ask for COMPLETE healing. Bless her family. Continue to give them joy and peace and daily reminders of Your love and care.
In Jesus name, Amen.
Love,
Carla in Maryland
Am sitting here all teary with happiness for you - what a day for the Mikel family :o)
I love the photo of Camryn walking hand in hand outside with Jason looking up like she is just totally appreciating being outside in the fresh air. And the photo of her sitting on the couch hugging Wyatt - so, so sweet.
Camryn is definitely a brave little fighter but she has a wonderful family who has helped her through it all - you all deserve a standing ovation.
Katie :o)
Oh I am so happy for all of you!!! What a fighter she is and what a prayer warrior her mom is. I enjoyed the pictures. Two beautiful and loving siblings. Camryn is my prayers.
PRAISE GOD :)
Happy & Thrilled for you in Ohio!
I am in tears at your post!! YEAH CAMRYN IS HOME!!! Praying for each new day to bring Camryn continued good health!!
Kerri Spurlin
so very happy and excited that Camryn is home - what a hero she is!!
So glad to see that Camryn is home and you have your family back together. Wonderful news!
Oh, this is just the BEST news!!! Camryn looks so beautiful in her homecoming dress! I know you are SO glad to have her home and be all together as a family. You deserve this happiness...I am so glad that she is back home surrounded by the love of her little brother and both of her parents!
Enjoy little one!! You are such a trooper!!
Amazing :) Thanks for sharing your journey. Prayinng for everything to just continue to improve. Gail (Ali's Mom)
Welcome home sweet girl!!
tears in my eyes, what an amazing little girl. Your family will be in my prayers.
SO glad she's home, as I've said many times before! :) We can't wait to see her! Praying everything continues to go well! We love you guys!
Praise the Lord! I'm so happy that Camryn is home safe and that your whole family is under one safe and happy roof. I hope the next few days our pure relaxation for you guys!
hello to the mikels! it makes me so happy to read that everyone, especially camryn, is doing great! i was bummed that i wasn't able to give camryn a big goodbye hug but was ecstatic when i found out that she was discharged! i'm so happy for everyone! i want to thank you for giving me a chance to take care of such a sweet,beautiful,wonderful person! it's no wonder where she gets her personality, both of you guys are awesome parents! please give camryn, and wyatt, big hugs for me! enjoy your fourth of july! you guys are always in my prayers... take care!
Post a Comment