Tuesday, June 16, 2009

day +12...being last and boring is good

In the hospital world that we are living in these days being last and boring is good...let me explain.

When doctors round the usual order is from greatest need to least need...meaning the children with the greatest need for explanations, changes in meds or in critical situations see the doctors first. Well, we've been last this week...the doctors are taking care of pressing needs...and right now nothing is really changing. This is where boring comes in. We are boring this week...no med changes, nothing new to add...just waiting.

Today we saw another increase in numbers which is awesome, .34...slow and steady! Camryn is doing well today, she's been off her pain meds and hasn't needed any as of yet. Which is a very good sign! She also is remaining fever free...which is wonderful. Camryn does have a clear runny nose so the doctors ordered a nasal wash today...yeah, that wasn't so fun. Camryn hated that, but thankfully it didn't take too long. We will wait 24 to 48 hours to see if anything shows up. So really medically speaking it was a slow, boring day.

Camryn enjoyed just hanging out today with me and Daddy...it was a nice day. Nurse Charlotte came to visit and as always Camryn enjoys seeing her...they've got quite a bond. It is very special, I love it! Camryn is very excited for tomorrow as Wyatt is coming to visit! Actually they both are thrilled!

Wyatt enjoys getting to go visit Camryn and we are so thankful he can visit and keep her company. Wyatt's been doing well too...he is enjoying some good time with his grandparents and from all reports is just the sweetest boy ever. Wyatt continues to roll with the punches and does well with his ever-changing schedule...wish it were different for him, but we are thankful he is doing so well. Hopefully not too much longer.

We are thankful...there are rough moments though, moments when the tears fall. Moments when I'm not sure we can take another step and we do. But, only through the strength of Him...He is holding us. Even though today as I left I cried...just weary and tired of walking away, but I know that as I walked down the hall way to the car and drove home HE carried me...

Just as He is carrying us...day by day.

5 comments:

Devon said...

love hearing a good report...

and no shock, wyatt is being an awesome little guy!

love you much...and enjoy your visit with all 4 of you tomorrow!

Erika said...

Yea for boring days!!! So glad to hear that things are going well, and that you'll all four get to spend the day together tomorrow. Both of your children are incredible! They must get that from their parents! :-)

Claire said...

Loving it. God bless you all.

Cxx

Katie Spinks said...

keep leaning on him - his arms are big enough and strong enough to carry you until you can walk on your own feet again.

Stacia said...

I have been reading your blog for a very long time and have never commented, I am so glad to see the good news. I wish I could just hug your neck.
You are in my prayers~
Stacia