Sunday, June 21, 2009

daddy's day

Blessed...simply Camryn and Wyatt are blessed beyond words by their Daddy. He has given himself to them in ways that leave me speechless. His love for them runs deep and daily I am reminded that there is no greater joy in his life than loving them. I cannot express enough the love that I feel for him as I watch him love the greatest gifts we have been given. As I watch him take care of his children in ways that some fathers will never experience...having to do things that just rips your heart in two...I know that it is the love of his Heavenly Father that drives his own love for his children.

I knew from the moment when Jason first held Camryn that his heart would forever be hers. Camryn and Jason have built an incredible bond from the first moment he held her, throughout her first transplant and now through this one. He has been her biggest cheerleader, always believing that she can do it...always believing that she would overcome. Jason has spent hours in the hospital with Camryn and she knows no greater love than her Daddy. He has loved her with a love that causes him to hand her over daily to the Lord, knowing that Camryn is his darling little gift given by the Lord. Jason has loved Camryn deeply, purely and shown her what it is to be loved by her father...and has proven to be her hero.



I will never forget the day when Jason walked into Camryn's PICU room with tears streaming down his face to tell me that the baby was a perfect match for Camryn...she is going to get better. And that baby...Wyatt Jason has never failed to fill a spot in his Daddy's heart that only he can fill. My heart is very full watching Jason love Wyatt and be a father to him...teaching him to become a boy that loves Jesus. Being to him the example of what it means to truly care for others...Wyatt has the greatest example in front of him of what it means to be a father.



Even though we spent Father's Day in a hospital room, it was an incredible day. Camryn, Wyatt and I got to spend the day with Daddy and honestly we are so thankful for him. As I watched him today play, love and be there for our children I just smiled...loving him so. Jason has walked us through this journey, leading us...driving us to lean on the Lord...holding us and being hopeful. And it is his hopefulness that I love the most...







Happy Father's Day! May you celebrate the gift of the fathers in your life today, but more importantly every day...I know that I am so incredibly thankful for my Dad, my Father-in-law, my Grandpas, my Uncles, my Brothers...all incredible fathers.

And I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for loving me and with blessing my life with Jason.

Love you!

6 comments:

Amee said...

boy how your words bring tears to my eyes...si glad yu guys were able to spend the day together...thinking of you today and always...

Bobbie said...

I am so glad that Camryn is responding well to the BMT. You have an amazing story to tell. It is such an incredible blessing that Wyatt just happened to be a perfect match for his big sis. That gives me such hope that God is looking out for us. This is such a long and exhausting journey, some days I wonder where I will gather strength to do it again...but I do. Evelyn has her bone marrow bx tomorrow morning. I pray she is still in remission.
Good night.
Bobbie

Natalie♥ said...

I am so happy that it was a good day and things are still looking good for Camryn. I have to ask you...how was Camryn first diagnosed with cancer? How did this begin? Did she have signs that you saw etc? I have always wondered. I hope things continue to look good I am praying for your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post! Loved the pictures of Jason and the children. I am thankful to the Lord that you had such a special day together. God is good!

I will be praying for you today.

Carla in Maryland

Katie said...

I thought of you all yesterday and hoped that you had the day that you described in your post that made me teary in a happy way! I wouldnt wish any family to go through what you are going through but it is going to make your bond as a family stronger than most people will experience in a life time.
Hoping for a good week for all of you.
Katie :o)

Claire said...

Such a lovely post. You guys are inspirational.

Cxx