Monday, July 20, 2009

weekend wrap-up

We enjoyed a nice weekend around the Mikels house...

Friday night Camryn invited my mom over to watch the D.isney Channel special that she had been anticipating since her days in the hospital. So with bowls of popcorn and chocolate chip cookies we settled in for a fun evening of "movie" viewing. Camryn cracks me up she is getting more and more interested in schedules, dates and calendars. Guess she is a bit like her mommy and likes to have a plan for the days ahead. Lots of fun watching together...

Saturday we spent the morning sleeping in and then Jason and I ran a few errands. It is hard not loading the kids up to run our errands all together, I miss it. But for now we either run errands separately or alone...it's okay but I do miss shopping with my little girl, my shopping buddy. Saturday evening we went over to Jason's parents house to hang out. We had a lot of fun playing on the patio, playing baseball...but I think the kids had the most fun reading books with Papa. They brought him book after book and he happily obliged them and read every one. It was quite fun. The other big event coming in the Mikels household is Jason's little brother's wedding which is 2 weeks away...so lots of wedding talk is about. What a fun day it will be.

Sunday we spent the morning doing odds and ends around the house. During the afternoon I went over to visit my sis-in-law Devon as she is in the hospital. We had a nice visit together...thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for her, Rob, our sweet niece Riley and sweet baby girl...it's a day by day journey. I thank you for praying, these next few weeks are very critical as baby girl grows and reaches 24 weeks. Thanks for your prayers!

Sunday night Jason and I headed out to the Keith Urban concert...we bought the tickets in February before life changed dramatically and were hopeful we'd get to go; but if not oh well. Well, we got to go and it was so great. Jason and I haven't been on a date out in a long time so it was nice to go to dinner and the concert. What a great show...you may not like country music, but it was an awesome show. And in fact...Keith comes and sings in the crowd and he was 2 rows away from us...yep, could've touch him if I were one of those crazed fans that "freak out" and kiss celebrities. :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend...and a nice week ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to read your daily updates! I am going away for a few days,so I will be checking in when I get back. I am going with my daughter in law and her 3 kids to visit my daughter and her 2 kids... should be fun with 5 kids ages 7, 5, 3, 2 & 4 months! I will continue to pray for you all while I am gone. God bless!

Love,
Carla in Maryland

Mrs. Proffitt said...

I love that Camryn is "into" schedules. Yup, just like her mom. :-)

Love you!
Ginny

Katie said...

Sounds like a great weekeend and really happy for you and Jason to be able to have some couple time - that in itself is a big tonic!
Hope you have a great week!
Katie :o)

Claire said...

So glad you had a good weekend. Hurrah for date nights!

Cxx