People in my life are hurting...and really there's not much I can do about it and it makes me hurt. In so many ways I wish I could run in and save the day, but I don't have a cape handy...and really deep down I know I can't.
My daughter hurts...sure her cancer hurts her...her shots hurt her, but there is a hurt that runs deeper. Camryn misses life. Tonight when we talked about what we were up to tomorrow her eyes filled with tears when I said we have to run down to the doctors "real quick". Yeah, there is no "real quick" in Cam's vocabulary. She cried...she doesn't want to go. But, she will and she will continue to; because that's what Camryn does. She's tired of life being dictated by medical issues...she wants to run and play. She wants to go to Grandma's house and see her cousins without having to work out the details...she wants normal back.
Friends hurt...too many people who I know are having to battle through things that quite frankly they shouldn't have too. They have been dealt hands that just leave me hurting for them...and I wish I could do more than I can.
So I sighed deeply tonight...sometimes it just feels heavy, because it is.
As I sit here...I find myself finding comfort in the familiar. In the things I know to be true...
That the Lord is the same today as He was yesterday and He will be tomorrow. He wins...even in this broken world...He wins. He holds us, He carries us and He is all that we need Him to be.
But sometimes it's not always that simple...because life gets messy and people hurt.
And because it's not simple...Jesus came into the muck and mire of this world to give us hope for more than this.
As the Switchfoot lyrics say...
We were meant to live for so much more





7 comments:
Praying for your sweet heart and longing for the days of no more tears!
Well said. I am sorry that your precious Camryn is hurting and your family. I wish that it was the Lord's will to take away all this hurt, sadness, fear and pain. I pray that God continues to give all of you strength and peace in the days and months to come. WIth love and prayers!!!
As I read your post my heart aches for you. I feel your pain through your words you type. I as well wish that there was something I could do for, you. My prayers, a listening ear and encouraging words are all I have to give and although we don't know each other, you have a friend in me. Never give up.
Really don't have any words because you are right, life stinks sometimes and it's hard not to get down about and it's okay to sigh.
Sending you cyber hugs,
Katie :o)
Cam~ you are a warrior baby girl! Keep up that GREAT fight darling. We LOVE you in Ohio!
Yep, He wins!
Just got back from not having the internet for the last 2 weeks and just spent the last hour catching up on all the great steps that have been made. I can only imagine how it must feel to live in isolation. We continue to pray for progress and strength.
Post a Comment