Was probably one of the toughest yet joyous days of our life...
I am finding it hard to believe that Camryn's transplant was four weeks ago, I honestly did not in a million years think we'd be home at this point. But I am so very thankful we are...very thankful.
Our little donor Wyatt is doing well...you'd never know that he went through the surgery he did four weeks ago. He seems to be back on track in every way...he did a great job during the four weeks taking his iron to replenish this blood. And now he is done...nothing remaining from his day of donating. Well, except for the two little scars on his hip bones...yes, he'll always carry those.
Wyatt is loving having his big sis, best friend home...he has missed her so. He doesn't quite understand why Camryn can't do certain things...why she can't eat tomatoes on her tacos...why they can't take a bath together...why Camryn can't go to Target. But in spite of that he is just adoring her...loving her with so much love it's amazing. Every morning when he wakes up he anxiously awaits to see Camryn, it's almost as if he doesn't quite believe she is really here.
Tonight Camryn & Wyatt went on an adventure to Minnesota. Jason and I just laughed at Minnesota?! Really, didn't know that it was a prime location for adventures, but listening to them in Wyatt's Thomas tent just giggling and chatting was too cute. Yes, the dynamic duo are fully enjoying their time together.
And I am savoring it...
While Camryn is too. She said to me that it felt good to be home...almost like a dream. Tonight I asked her what the best part of the week was so far? And going home topped the list. She is enjoying just being...although it's hard to escape realities when the meds have to be taken, mouth care done, and shot given...but she does it. And quite frankly she does it about as well as any five year old would.
Four weeks ago Camryn was given another chance...another "birth"day if you will...and Wyatt gave.
Forever 6.4.09...a gift beyond compare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
What a special day to remember. How great it must feel to be home. Hopefully you are able to get some much needed rest. Isn't awesome to sit back and listen to your children playing? I just love to listen to my dynamic duo.
So happy to hear that Camryn is doing so well and that Wyatt has done so well with taking the iron and just bouncing back!
As always, your family is in our prayers for continued healing and rest for all of you.
I looked at Camryn's ticker on here the other day and couldnt quite believe that 4 weeks had almost passed!! It is lovely read the joy emanating from your posts - you can almost feel it.
I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend all together!
Katie :o)
We're still praying for you all and so glad to see Camryn is home!! Bless your family this independence day :)
Hope you are having the BEST week-end as a family!
This is TOO spooky... I'm from Minnesota - and have been "stalking" your blog with my oldest two girls (Meg is 11 & Em is 9) - when we pray for Cameron - we pray that someday she is healthy enough to come to Minnesota and enjoy ANY adventure she wants! (The girls ADORE it here - with all the lakes - parks - pools - and of course Valley Fair Amusement Park!)
Wow... just goes to show you that God DOES have his hand in our lives everywhere!!!
Post a Comment