Sunday, July 26, 2009

different this time around...

Everyday Jason and I realize how different it is going through transplant with a five-year-old instead of a two-year-old...sometimes I just can't believe how different it is. Camryn is so aware of it all...she knows so much more.

I would be lying if I said that it was all great...we are learning how to deal with Camryn's life now. She is sad...pretty much we've come to lay it at our Father's feet knowing that HE loves her more than we do and HE is holding her throughout this journey. It is hard to see Cam sad...it is hard to know what to say. Jason and I were talking trying to figure out how best to encourage Camryn and yet be realistic. There are things that she simply cannot do and yet she wants to. Like Jason said Camryn understands fairness and to her this is not fair...

And it isn't.

Yet, learning that lesson at five is rough...especially in such a huge way. As parents we teach our children that they can't always win, that sometimes this just don't work out fairly...but, how do you explain to Camryn that having leukemia and having her life become so different is fair? You don't...but, honestly I don't have the words that make it understandable for her.

We are really trying to figure out some things and I thank you for continuing to pray for Camryn...this is a long road.

For now her brother is a huge friend to her...she LOVES him and he LOVES her. He provides a companion, a buddy, a friend...and we are thankful. But like most kids she is longing for others...her friends from church, her cousins, making new friends. It's hard to see her want to be social, but she can't be.

Hang in there Cam...we know that for right now this is so difficult for you. And honestly we hate it, but we are thankful that you are thriving and one day, hopefully soon you'll get out into the world again and live the life you long for. We are sorry sweet girl...We love you so!

No comments: