Yesterday was a pretty good day...
Camryn and Wyatt spent lots of time playing and just being silly. They are both quite into music lately and many hours are spent listening to various songs and putting on mini-concerts. Wyatt has taken a liking to playing Camryn's guitar, it's hilarious. Honestly, I just sit and laugh at their antics...fun stuff.
In the evening we drove out to visit our nephew Joshua who is at college working this summer...we had a lovely time. Although I forget that Camryn's system runs a bit cooler on blood thinners and forget that the evening cool down gets to her. So she was wrapped in a sweatshirt and enjoyed seeing Josh. It was nice to get out a bit to just hang out and be somewhat normal.
Today we ran some errands which included picking up Camryn's meds at UCLA...we've gone back and forth through pharmacy issues since the beginning of everything with Cam; so now we're trying out UCLA's pharmacy. At least I know they *should* carry everything Camryn is on...at least I hope so. We also ran up to the third floor to say hello and good-bye to our dear friend Kristen. Kristen has been our nurse practitioner since the very beginning...Jason, Camryn and I first met Kristen in July of 2006. Three years together walking this journey...I can say that Kristen has been an encouragement through some of our darkest days. We went to say good-bye as she will no longer be our nurse practitioner, we'll still see Kristen as she is at UCLA...but it won't be the same. Thanks Kristen...
And little by little our new normal is taking shape. Jason and I have begun to really talk through our homeschooling adventure that awaits for Camryn. I have to call the lady at UCLA who coordinates all of this at the beginning on August...I am really intrigued to see what it entails. To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed with this new adventure...we are talking through where to step up "school" in our house...schedules and just beginning to get our feet wet in this adventure that really neither one of us is really prepared for.
We are doing some home improvements to make use of our time at home...I won't lie it's nice to really feel like we are doing something with our isolated life. It feels good to not just let the days pass us by...although some days that is just perfect. We have a laziness to our days right now which is nice, it gives us time to settle in to life again.
Camryn has taken up scrap booking...she was given some scrapbook sets and I had pictures printed to decorate her hospital room, so it makes for a good combination. She is loving it...she's quite creative and she enjoys the papers, stickers, pens and most of all the pictures. It is fun to see her really interested in something...I'd love to see it continue. Guess that means time to get more pictures printed.
Wyatt is doing fabulous...he is loving having Camryn home to play with him. He is 100% potty trained and it's hilarious his commentary on going potty. Wy is growing up in so many ways...can't get over all his words and funny little sayings. Plus, his personality is just blossoming more and more. He is really into baseball and LOVES playing with his Daddy...quite a pair those 2 are.
And little by little life is taking shape...all be it ever so slowly.
As we walked down the hall of the third floor I couldn't help but think it's been 7 weeks since Cam's transplant...7 weeks. Our lives are moving along, Camryn continues to do well.
Please continue to pray for Camryn as there is still a lot that she is dealing with. The loss of her hair was a very significant loss for her, it should start coming back in the next few months...but, it's a slow process. She is also fully aware of what she can and cannot do...what she can and cannot eat, and sometimes all of that is hard for her. Please pray that as we go through out the summer and prepare her for school only very differently than she was planning for that the Lord walks with her.
Thank you to those of you who are praying for our sister-in-law Devon who is 22 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby girl...Devon is in the hospital currently on magnesium and it is an hourly battle for her physically, mentally and emotionally. Please continue to pray for her, baby girl, Rob and Riley that the Lord lavishes His comfort, peace and grace on them throughout this journey.
And if I can bring one more request. This one is for a sweet baby girl who I have mentioned before who is fighting leukemia with all she's got. She is at UCLA and is fighting for remission in order to get to transplant...she is a sweet baby girl 4 months old. Please pray that the chemotherapy can get her to remission...that her pain can be managed...for grace for her Mommy and Daddy.
May each of you have a peaceful evening...good-night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I'm glad all is going well. And I will be praying.
Cxx
Glad to hear that you are having more progress. God is good! Continuing to pray!
You will love, love the homeschooling process! I promise! We finished our first year of homeschooling this past June. Never did I think I would be homeschooling all three of my children...but, we an incredible blessing it has been! I am so thankful God showed us the way!
Blessings,
Allie
Post a Comment