40...can you believe we are forty days post transplant? Hard to believe and yet so amazing!
Camryn and I headed out bright and early for clinic today, hopeful it would be a quick trip as her levels were great last Friday. We got to clinic in record time and found our usual spot in the procedure area. Nurse Charlotte took Camryn's labs and we waited. While we waiting Dr.K came to see Camryn and said that she looked really good...although Camryn was being quite a stinker not cooperating for the exam. She did have her killer grin on her face and was just loving giving the doctors a hard time. We talked with Kristen for a bit which was so nice and then Dr.A came. Camryn continued her teasing some more and Dr.A swept her up in his arms and just loved on her. Too sweet. He did his exam and it was determined that Camryn looked wonderful...no real changes, just waiting for labs to come back. As we waited we got to talk with a mommy friend and her little guy who had a transplant a little bit before Camryn, it was nice to see them and as always it is super nice to see like transplant kids doing so well! Camryn's labs came back and they were fabulous! Her ANC is up to 1100 and all other levels look great...surprisingly her platelets are up to 117,000. YAY!
So we headed home and thanked the Lord for a great visit...these are not taken for granted as we know all to well how quickly things can change. We are grateful for today...
We headed over to Jason's parents house for a visit as the plumbers are working at our house. (they should be done tomorrow...yay!) We visited with Jason's grandparents and enjoyed the day together...such a great thing to have our kids spend time with their great-grandparents, truly a treasure.
After while the kids and I headed back to my parents house and are enjoying the evening there. The kids are taking baths and laughing all the while just savoring life. It's wonderful to see them just smile...today I'm very grateful for those smiles.
I did get out to the mall alone for a little bit...it was very nice. I was hunting for headbands for the my nieces and Camryn to wear in my brother-in-law's wedding. I was successful, but truly I enjoyed just a few minutes alone time...it was quiet and my thoughts were clear. I ran by to see my mom-in-law with the headbands and luck for me I got to see my super cute niece Riley today...what a treat! That was a highlight for me.
Thankful for today...knowing that each one is a gift.
Just simply thankful...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
So glad that things are looking so good. We are still praying that it will just keep getting better and better.
YAY for a good report...praying for many more of these! :]
Thanks for encouraging me to look at each day as a "gift!" I am glad your family is enjoying their time together. I am continuing to pray daily!
Carla in Maryland
Yay for a great day :o)
And I am glad you got to enjoy some alone time too - it's good for the heart and soul for Mummies to have a little ME time!
Katie :o)
I just wanted to say HI as I have been following your blog for awhile but never left a comment. I pray for your little Camryn and look forward to updates about her everyday! She is such a strong little girl. Both your kids are such a treasure that I know you are proud to call yours!! I am amazed everyday by the strength you and your family have!
So happy to see the counts are coming up. You are an amazing mother to a remarkable little girl.
Post a Comment