Saturday, July 25, 2009

best view ever...

From my front porch...Jason, Camryn, Wyatt and me enjoying a summer evening. As I sat there I was reminded what it is about summer I love...yes, time off of work is a big plus, but really I love the evenings. The long hours of daylight...the cool breeze that picks up while dusk comes...ah, the beauty of it.

While Camryn was in the hospital our yard, house took a beating...it was not thrashed, but really it wasn't looked after either. Our neighbor Jack kindly mowed our yard for us, but beyond that our yard was left to do what nature does best...either grow like weeds, literally or die from lack of water. So, tonight while the kids rode their bikes and just played like crazy in the front yard I tended to my rose bushes. I clipped the dead roses and did a little weeding, okay a lot of weeding...but it was wonderful. Wonderful to hear the giggles and the pretend play...precious to hear Camryn and Wyatt call either other "friend" while they played. Jason and I tidyed up things and just enjoyed the evening too...it was nice to see smiles on faces and just enjoy what I think is best about summer.

Things here are going well...Camryn is doing great physically, but I think emotionally she is struggling which leads her to just want to lay on the couch not do much. She is struggling with missing her friends...she told me tonight that she was sad about not seeing her friends, going anywhere, doing anything. In a way I think she is a bit bored...she is trying her best to enjoy being home and she is enjoying it. But, like most kids there comes a point when they want to go and do...and right now Camryn just can't. It's hard to know exactly how to keep her occupied...and we are trying to make being home as fun as we can.

Just another way that isolation affects pretty much every area of our lives...

We are trying to be thankful for each moment and day...not get too caught up in what we can and can't do. But, right now Camryn is really discouraged...we are praying that the Lord would lead us to know how best to encourage Camryn and help her through this part of the journey.

And yet the best view ever is her little face sitting with Wy enjoying life for what it is right here, right now...

Can't ask for much more than that.

2 comments:

Aubs said...

I cant even imagine how tough it is to watch your baby girl struggle emotionally like that. I will be praying that God would just give her comfort, bless her with endless entertainment and shield her from the hurts and struggles of isolation. She is precious and i am so so so happy for all of you that you are home together!

Stephanie said...

I was just wondering if a web cam connection to some friends or places would help Camryn through this tough time? Just a thought. It is so good to keep hearing updates that are so terrific. She is one amazing child!!! And what an amazing family!