Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July...

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower


Happy 4th of July...Happy Independence Day!

Hope you and yours enjoyed the traditions, festivities and all that makes this holiday feel like the official start of summer. The pool parties, the BBQs, the parks, the fireworks...yes all of it, hope you had a marvelous day!

This year our 4th of July was a little different than years past...we spent today home hanging out. I must admit it didn't feel like a traditional 4th of July, but it was good. Because when I stopped to consider the alternative, hospital life...I was just thankful we were home. Sure we didn't hit the pool, we didn't spend it with our friends...but we are thankful to be home to just enjoy the day.

My parents came over to watch the Dodger game and enjoy some dinner, it was a nice time although the Dodgers didn't win. Hopefully tomorrow! After naps and once evening was coming we did our nightly routines early to go watch some fireworks. We were trying to figure out where to go since Camryn can't be around large crowds...so thanks to a tip from my friend C we headed over to a local spot to watch some fireworks. We decided to take our truck and sit in the bed wrapped up in blankets with pillows. We had the best time! (pics to come soon)

Honestly the kids were hilarious, just loving the outing. And you know it wasn't what the 4th of July has always been, but it was perfect...couldn't ask for more.

Because as we sat in the bed of the truck oowwing and aawwing over the fireworks I looked at a little girl who absolutely was loving every second of life. And you know that's all that matters...

I am very thankful for the 4th of July...yes, I get very nostalgic this time of year considering the sacrifices many have made to give me the freedoms I have. The history teacher in me comes out as I ponder freedom...

Hope you each have a wonderful holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Mommato4miracles said...

:-) Happy 4th! So glad that you were able to enjoy this at home with your two miracles:-) God bless!!!

Lost in Space said...

So glad you were all able to enjoy the day together!