Every other Wednesday Camryn has a home health nurse come and draw her labs; this saves us a trip to UCLA so we are very thankful. The home nurse is super sweet and Camryn has taking a liking to her so drawing her labs is a quick and easy process.
Later that evening I emailed Camryn's NP to ask if I should call tomorrow and check on any med changes, as I was secretly hoping maybe, just maybe lower steroids??? Can't hurt to hope and check in, right? Camryn's NP emailed me back and said that we were really on top of things as Camryn's labs had just came through the fax...she would call in a bit once they took a look at them. Well, they called and...
Camryn's labs look...FABULOUS!!!
All her levels are holding nice and strong, her NP talked me through the usual suspects of hemoglobin, hematocrit, platelets, white cell count and ANC; all of which were great. Then she talked through Camryn's liver tests...they are coming way down...super great, super wonderful!!! She would call the doctors and see if they wanted to adjust meds at all and then they would get in touch with us.
We waited not too long and Dr.A called and explained that we were to LOWER the steroids...woohoo! Like I've said before Camryn is on a very slow wean, but any lowering means that we are getting there...the day without steroids. So Camryn is on 3mls in the morning and 1.5mls at night and if nothing changes then tomorrow it is 3mls in the morning and 1 at night! Honestly, I cannot wait until the steroids are done and the side-effects start to dwindle...so hopeful!
Camryn is way excited too, she totally noticed that her syringe had less "pink medicine" than it normally does, yeah not much gets by her.
It's super cool...Camryn is doing well and everyday we are one step further from transplant and just given one more day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
yea!!! this is fantastic news. made my day. (((hugs))) praying for camryn, and for strength for your whole family.
What great news!! I know how you will all be so happy when those steroids can be ditched :o)
Katie :o)
I know Camryn will be glad to see the "moon face" go, too. It is just one of those consequences. Hard, but good. She is a very brave young lady. God has big plans for her. She has fought some scary battles. And won!!! Praise God!
Post a Comment