Today was one of those days when the realities of Camryn's life surface and there isn't much you can do about it. As I posted earlier Camryn woke up with a fever...101.5. Not too high; but high enough to warrant a call to the Peds Hemoc doctor on call. Jason and I both knew that with that call inevitably meant a trip down to UCLA. As we were driving down Dr.W called and said that Dr.A had said to go straight to the ER to be admitted...we had been hopeful that this visit would just be a clinic visit, but once we heard ER we knew...admitted.
So at 9:00am we arrived at the ER and thankfully it wasn't too crowded with lots of flu like symptoms...and because of Camryn's history they move and they move fast in the ER. We got a little room in the ER off in a corner, away from the general population. Our care in the ER was good, super nice nurses and we especially appreciated how quickly things were moving.
Of course once we got settled in it didn't take long for Camryn's team of doctors to find her...Dr.A, Berkley and Dr.E came in and it was so nice to see their faces and know that Camryn was on their radar. Blood cultures were taken, a chest x-ray, urine cultures...and the waiting begins. According to the doctors it takes 24 hours to get a preliminary reading off the cultures and 48 hours to get a more definite reading.
So we waited in the ER for a bed to open upstairs...at 6:00pm we headed upstairs and thankfully now we are settled in our room. A few familiar faces have stopped by to see Camryn and she has enjoyed that. I like that we are now with Camryn's team and I find a huge amount of comfort there.
Camryn has been fever free since 10am this morning and really she is doing super well...hanging in there. Hopefully 48 hours of antibiotics will do the trick and this will be a minor bump in the road.
All day today I just felt as if these realities are never too far away...there is no where we can run, hide or even go to escape them. They are...and it is so hard. In one moment our lives were thrown into our hospital routine...quickly making calls, submitting sub plans and all of those things. I guess there are times I feel like we are moving well in one direction and then here it comes...realities that are all too familiar.
Well, I better go...got a date to watch the new Tinkerbell movie with a really cute little girl who has endured more than most.
Please continue to pray...48 hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I sit once again crying for your family. I have literally wept over Camryn in prayer for months, interceding for her and for you, her strong yet weary mother. I want you to know that our family is storming the throne for you. I know you must be overwhelmed at the idea that there is no escape from it all...
...except in Jesus. Cling tightly to His cloak tonight and joy comes with the morning. We'll be waiting too...
♥
I am so sorry. (((hugs))) I hope the antibiotics kick this thing in 48 hours and you are out of there. I will be praying for Camryn's body to fight this off, and fight it off fast. Hang in there. Many hugs and prayers coming your way...
Praying that you all make it home very soon and that this is just a minor bump in the road.
Post a Comment