After spending three days at the hospital this week we were looking forward to our weekend together...the little blessings really mean the most. And being home together is quite possibly one of the greatest blessings. We are thankful to have us all home...none more than Wyatt I think. Poor little guy really had a hard time the days that Camryn and I were gone; breaks my heart that these are his realities too. Thankful that there were lots of hours spend playing this weekend...lots of smiles and lots of hugs.
Saturday was spent with Jason and I running to the grocery store while the kids hung out with my parents...Camryn had missed going to Grandma's house so it was nice to for them to spend some time there. Jason and I enjoyed our few moments shopping, it was nice to catch up after our three day whirlwind of hospital life. We chatted, laughed and talked through some holiday thoughts. The afternoon was spent watching college football and just hanging out...whew, what a much needed breather. It was a wonderful Saturday...so thankful!
Sunday...I must admit that Sundays are very hard days for me lately, I think it just makes the realities of isolated life that much more pronounced. Throughout the week isolated life is there, but it doesn't seem to be so glaring, but Sundays; well, there is no escaping it. I really miss our Sunday life...church, friends, social outings and such, I miss that. So lately Sundays have been hard; but I know it's bound to happen...especially after three days of being thrown back into the hospital world.
But today we cleaned the house...and now I'm enjoying it immensely! We also wanted to get things cleaned in preparation for Christmas decorating soon. As you might know we have Little Miss Holiday Spirit in our home so as soon as Thanksgiving is over...she's ready to bust out Christmas! So that's on the list for Friday and Saturday...
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment