The very fact that a man is thankful implies someone to be thankful to. ~ John Baillie
My friend in Tennessee posted that yesterday morning and I thought it was so great I borrowed it...
Thanksgiving seems to be something that we should be doing daily...moment by moment, expressing our thanks for the many things that the Lord has blessed our lives with. And maybe saying thank you for the many things that He has spared us from. But, it is amazing to have a day set aside to "thank" Him, to spend time with family, to celebrate, to be content and yes of course eat.
Yesterday we spent time with my parents at there house, my mom loves to cook and Thanksgiving meals are some of her finest. Now I will admit (and I get much grief for this) I do not like turkey, therefore, the food of thanksgiving has never been the draw for me. When I was younger it was time spent with my family, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents...yes, that was what Thanksgiving meant to me. And you know...I am beginning to see in my children a love for the holiday for the very reasons I love it and that is just so cool.
In the afternoon we headed out to Jason's sister's house to celebrate with the Mikels side. Boy did the kids enjoy it. They loved seeing their cousins so much...honestly I think we spent a majority of our evening just watching the kids enjoy one another. They Mikels kids are quite a bunch and really I am so thankful that Camryn and Wyatt have the cousins they do. What an amazing blessing it is to watch them grow up with their cousins local, amazing friendships they will share.
Now, it is the day after Thanksgiving and we are enjoying ourselves. The Christmas tree is up thanks to Camryn's prodding and Wyatt was right there with her prodding us on. The house now is very festive and it's fun. More and more watching the kids enjoy the holidays I realize what a gift they are...
I think to sum it up the best I will quote Camryn's "turkey of thanks"...
* My mom and dad
* My little brother
* My teacher
* Food
* My papas and grandmas
* Jesus for making me better
Doesn't get much better than that, does it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving - you needed that happy time away from the normal routine! I didnt get a chance to post a comment on your tearful post but am sending you a cyber hug all the same.
Katie :o)
Thinking abot you guys. Always in our prayers too!
I loved your status about which team Super Girl should cheer for. I also liked reading the comments...Devon's was my favorite.
xoxo, mar
Camryn's list is priceless. What a sweetheart you have there (but you already know that).
I've been out of the blogosphere for awhile and am so sorry for all I missed here with you. What a scare with Camryn's fever and hospital stay! It is no wonder the tears are falling so easily these days, Dana. It is all so overwhelming and difficult to process let alone live through. Always holding your family close in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment