Tonight was bath night at our house and usually this is a very involved process as it means a central line dressing change for Camryn...
But, tonight was going to be tricky...my partner for bath time and line changes was not home. Jason had Open House at school tonight which meant I was going to fly solo...which is okay, but not ideal.
We made it through bath time just fine. Wyatt took his bath first and did great...Camryn was next up and did well too. The tricky time was coming...line change. As I got Camryn situated and the numerous supplies needed in order Camryn asked, "Mommy who is going to fan my line?" Let me explain...while changing Camryn's line dressing we have to clean it and it stings a bit, so Daddy always fans it to just make it better. Don't know if it really helps or not, but mentally Daddy's fanning does wonders. I was at a loss...I said, "I don't know Cam, maybe Wyatt can help us."
So, we asked Wyatt if he wanted to help...he just stood there staring at Camryn's line in wonder...mind you he has seen it many times, but usually it's in a manner of staying away or being careful. I think Wyatt was shocked we were asking for help.
After thinking it through Wyatt jumped in and helped and it brought tears to my eyes...
He sat next to Camryn and fanned her line and told her it was "Ok, Camryn." The love that he has for her was so easy to see...
Wyatt loves his sister...and she loves him.
I'm so thankful tonight for my helpful little Wy, he was a lifesaver.
Truly, he is a lifesaver in more ways than one.
LOVE you Wy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Aww..This brought tears to my eyes. What a little sweetheart. You are blessed. :)
oh how that made my heart smile! what precious kids you have!
That is such a sweet story! You guys really are a great team!
What a sweet little boy and girl! Getting two little ones through a bedtime routine can be quite tricky without another adult to help, but especially when doing a medical procedure on top of it! So glad Wyatt was able to be the "big helper". Love and miss you!
that story brought tears to my eyes you have to very very special children...
Love that Wyatt. What a sweetie. Camryns so lucky to have her loving little brother.:)
Aw, go Wy!
Cxx
A precious gift for sure! Brothers are great!
Post a Comment