Yesterday Camryn started her fourth and final week of this round of arsenic...YAY! Hard to believe how quickly time is passing and how routine things become, even things you don't necessarily want to do. Our family has found their groove so to speak with daily clinic visits and procedure center treatments...we are "regulars".
Today, being Tuesday is always a bit more eventful than the other days in the week...so Camryn and I both look forward to Tuesdays, probably for entirely different reasons. For Camryn Tuesdays are visitor days...lots of people coming and going...lots of action in the procedure area. Camryn likes that...she likes the change of people coming and going...she likes to see the various doctors, nurse practitioners, and patients come and go. Plus Nurse Charlotte is there on Tuesdays and you know that is just the cherry on top...Camryn loves Charlotte!
For me Tuesdays are a day of visitors too, but it's the day I can touch base with doctors and just be reassured that we are all on the same page. I like seeing the Camryn's doctors and nurse practitioners as it's my chance to ask questions, seek advice, ask for clarity, or just plain have people get it. I think that is what I like the most...on Tuesdays I feel that everyone there gets it...it's comforting.
Camryn had her EKG this morning and let me say the lab was full. They were on #73 and we were #99...yeah we had quite a wait ahead. As we sat there Camryn did well, but I could tell she was anxious and just getting upset with the wait...probably not great emotions of stress for a 5 year old getting an EKG. The longer we sat the more I just mulled over words of a song I heard last night...just playing them over and over in my head...Third Day's Mountain of God..."even though the journey's long and the road is hard..." I knew that we'd be okay, yes it's not ideal to sit and wait through it, but it wasn't the end of the world. A few minutes later a familiar face was standing in the doorway and motioning for Camryn to come back...they were on #89. We got up and the lab tech we love took us back and got us the fastest EKG ever. And you know what? Normal sinus rhythm and Normal ECG! YAY!!!
The doctors were very pleased as Camryn continues to tolerate the arsenic well and she is doing exactly what she should be doing...her lab sheets keep showing good signs that the arsenic is continuing to work and keeping her leukemia cells from attacking her clotting factors...Praise the Lord!
We also confirmed today that Camryn will meet with the Radiation Oncology team on Monday morning to begin the process of preparing Camryn for the radiation she will receive once she goes in-patient for transplant. This is a prayer request for us...we have not yet traveled the radiation road and it is very new to us. I've talked with a few moms who's children are currently receiving radiation and have a bit better understanding. But, our prayer is that Camryn does well with a new team of doctors and she gets through the radiation well.
Other than that, clinic is the same each day...there really isn't much new to report. Next Tuesday is Camryn's aspiration at noon, so if you think of her please be praying as she will have to be put under and have her marrow checked. We should get her results next Wednesday so I will keep you posted...really we'll just have a final answer whether we go to transplant in May or in June. So, that will be welcome news to just have a more definite plan.
We are hanging in there...taking it day by day. Trusting that the Lord is carrying us through and believing that He will continue to...
Moment by moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Praying along with you....
Post a Comment