The last few days have been hard, I'm finding that it's a whole lot harder walking this road a second time. I know what's coming and I know what much of it means; and it's scary at times. I was talking with Jason last night with tears on my cheeks about the first time around...
The first time around there was a hope given in the midst of the circumstances we found ourselves...a new baby was coming. Inasmuch as it was hard to be pregnant and dealing with a child with cancer, there was an unsaid hopefulness of the new life coming. I won't lie it was extremely hard to deal with both emotions of fighting for life and new life coming...conflicting emotions.
This time the hopefulness isn't as tangible...yes, hope is there. It's always there...we love and believe in a risen Saviour and hope is endless in Him. But, in the tangible ways that I can see every day...it's a little harder.
And then Easter comes...
Today we spent the day at my sister's house enjoying some Wilson family traditions. We ate good food, opened Easter baskets, had an Easter egg hunt and enjoyed our day together. It was wonderful...truly, wonderful.
On the ride out to my sister's I was gazing out the window of the car at the big blue sky with white puffy clouds and I wondered at the beauty of it all. A beautiful day of life...that's the hope.
The hope of tomorrow...the hope of a risen Saviour making it possible for us to spend eternity with Him.
As I continued to gaze out the window the thought kept coming...for me, He died for me.
For me...in the midst of the circumstances that we are living, the tears that are cried, the worries, the anxiousness...He died for me. It's a personal death inasmuch as it is a personal reserrection. He lives for me...He lives in relationship with me...not in the past, nor in the future; but today. He walks with me today.
So, as we enjoyed our day together I couldn't shake that this is for me...not selfishly, because it was for all of us. But, that my relationship with Him is personal, intimate and mine.
My heart is a bit more renewed than it was earlier this week, a little lighter and I thank Him...thank Him for dying for me and living for me and renewing me.
Here's a few pics of our day...
Camryn showing off her finds...
Wyatt doing his hunting
Camryn takes her Easter hunts seriously
Caleb, Josh, Makenna, Camryn & Wyatt...LOVE these kids
The Dynamic Duo
Wyatt and Makenna...they are best of friends
Our darling Easter girl
May each of you have a blessed Easter holiday full of hope and renewal...may you hug those you love tightly and thank the Lord for his many blessings.
The blessings of renewal...





1 comment:
Happy 5th Birthday Camryn! Thinking of you all today (Sunday). :)
PS: can't believe how grown up Josh, Caleb and MaKenna are!
Post a Comment