Camryn wanted to have an Easter party in every way...eggs, baskets, candy, balloons, colors...all of it. What fun we had enjoying our family and our close friends that are like family...just celebrating the life of a little girl that leaves me in awe. Yesterday if you happened to pass our front yard you would have seen kids running, playing, laughing and enjoying life. And among those kids you would find an almost 5 year old girl with short hair and if you looked very closely you might catch a glimpse of her bandage from her central line; but otherwise there is nothing that makes Camryn stand out from the rest. She is a child who loves the life she has been given, every bit of it. Oh I'm sure if she were older she would probably argue that she could do without cancer...yeah, I'm pretty sure she would give that away. But, her life outside of that part...well, she LOVES it.
She loves her family...she loves her life...here's a few of the pics of our day.
The Birthday Girl
Wyatt and Grandpa
The Kids
Happy Birthday Camryn
Camryn LOVED her Pablo card
Jackson doing The Superman
Wy & Ry...these two are the best of friends
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl
Wyatt & James
Thanks to the many people who encouraged me throughout the days leading up to Camryn's party, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I won't lie I had difficulty getting to Sunday...many tears shed, but the day itself was amazing. I enjoyed it very much, loved seeing Camryn just enjoy her family, to celebrate the 5 years of life...
And dream?
Dream of more to come...dream of life, whatever that life might look like. To celebrate the life Camryn's been given and to cherish that...even if it's difficult, even if it's hard...to celebrate.
My favorite holiday of all is Easter, as a little girl I loved picking out my Easter dress, shoes and getting all dolled up for church. Easter baskets, candy, eggs...yep, I'm a sucker for all the traditional Easter stuff. But you know what...I love Easter for what it means. The glory of it all...the Resurrection...the hope.
When I stop and consider this week, Easter week and all that it means for me as a Christian and lover of my Lord I cannot help but consider the emotional journey Jesus was on this week. From the triumphal entry, His last words, the Last Supper, the weeping in the garden, the beating, the cross...the emotional range of Jesus' heart in as much divine was also human. He cried real tears...His heart ached...He had anguish...He was broken, bruised...and yet, He took the steps necessary to endure the cross.
The journey from Friday to Sunday is one that I cherish...the beauty of the cross, the scandalous nature of the Son of God crucified for sinners, for me...and yet, the glory to come. The glory of Easter morning...He is alive.
Easter holds immeasurable hope for the lost...hope for me. So, I only think it is fitting that this year Camryn's birthday falls on Easter Sunday. There is hope...there is an ending in glory. Yes, there will be tears, yes there will be moments of utter confusion...remember the disciples running, scared and hiding? But, oh the glory...oh the glory of the empty tomb...the glory of our Saviour's face.
"...Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness. And being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death - even death on a cross. Therefore God also highly exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bed, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."~Philippians 2:5 - 11
I serve a risen Lord...and I will continue too. For I know that even in the moments of despair, He cares, He is there. For He knows the pain of life...and of death...
But, oh the glory of hope.
May we celebrate the lives God has given us and the hope that lies ahead...
Our home eternal.





6 comments:
SO glad cam had a wonderful party...you are an amazing friend, your outlook is truly inspiring. i am honored to call you my friend. still praying...
I have been following your blog for sometime now but haven't said anything simply because I don't have the "perfect" words to say. I lost my grandma to cancer earlier this year and I know how crappy and evil this disease is but the most sad part is that little Camryn is so young and she is so cute. I truly do have hope for her and for your family though. Im sure that doesn't take your concern and worry's away but know that me and my husband pray daily for you and your family and I want to thank you for being so open and honest in your writings because it is inspiring and it gives us a dosage of reality. May this Easter be extra special for you and your family as we celebrate that Hope that was given at our Saviours expense so many years ago. Happy 5th Birthday Camryn!!!
Happy Birthday Camryn! I'm praying that this is your best year yet, as Jesus shows himself strong on your behalf! It looks like a very fun party!
What lovely pictures! I'm so glad Camryn enjoyed her day. I'm praying for you all.
Cxx
we had a blast celebrating with you! such a great day...
I came to your blog from Kelly's. I sit here with tears in my eyes and cant imagine the pain. Is there anything that anyone can do? I dont know much about this terrible pain your are dealing with, but is there some sort of donor you are waiting on?
I am so moved by your words and your beautiful daughter.
Happy Birthday Camryn.
Post a Comment