Yesterday I got a phone call from the social worker at UCLA, informing me that Camryn had be chosen to be honored by the Parents Against Leukemia group. My heart smiled...
Awhile ago in clinic Camryn was asked to draw a plate to be entered into a competition for a plate to be chosen as the plate of the year. I vividly remember Camryn coloring her plate template, she drew a princess and it was cute and colorful! The lady from PALS was encouraging Camryn to draw as she Camryn share the same diagnosis, acute promyelocytic leukemia. To be honest, I hadn't thought of the plate again until yesterday...
Camryn's plate was chosen as the plate of the year! She was so excited when I got home and told her! She got the biggest smile on her face...it was just what my heart and I think her heart needed.
Camryn will be honored at a luncheon in May, and she will receive a plate and another one will be hung in the display of plates in clinic.
On the walls of clinic are a collection of plates from years past...I have spent countless moments looking at the plates and wondering where the kids are today that drew them. To think Camryn will be added to that collection makes my heart smile...in some small way she can encourage others, what a gift.
We are thrilled...it's neat to have people notice the journey of our sweet girl. And after the hard night on Sunday...the beauty of her smile yesterday was priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That is so awesome! What a wonderful little surprise. Congratulations. I can't wait to see the plate! :) Love you.
Post a Comment