Tuesday, March 15, 2011

nine...

Today Jason and I celebrated nine years of marriage...what a wild ride. I am thankful for the nine years and excited for many more. Thankful for the journey with my best friend...the person who allows me to be me, who loves me in spite of myself, and the man who meant what he said 9 years ago to love me no matter what.

Even through a miscarriage, childhood leukemia, a crazy journey of being pregnant while practically living in the hospital...I think it is safe to say he has seen me at my best and at my worst. And he's loved me the same...

I'm thankful for the boy who watches sports with me, makes an NCAA bracket, tapes Duke basketball games, and understands my competitive passion. And I'm thankful for the boy who takes me shopping, understands my love of old things, let's me enjoy the treasures I've collected, and embraces my girly side. Yep, for all I am...I am better because of him.

So thankful...

Camryn had her second therapy appointment today and she did great! Her therapist was super happy with the progress Camryn has made, especially in her right arm. We are trying to be very faithful about doing her stretches every night as we know that is one of the ways that we can keep her therapy at just once a week. We are so proud of Camryn...she really has a good attitude about going and is doing really well at home while stretching. Sometimes I just feel like she's going to give up because of all she's been through; but she is one tough cookie and she amazing me daily. So proud of our little fighter!

Thankful that for nine years Jason has walked by my side and carried my heart through some of the most difficult moments my heart has experienced...and yet we are still us.

Thankful for all that the Lord has given...and anticipating much more for years to come!

1 comment:

Devon said...

happy 9 years!

thankful you have a great man by your side....and i think he's pretty cute too - ha!

love you sis!