Shoulder.
Elbow.
Arm/Wrist.
All in all it wasn't too overwhelming, but it is something to add to the list. And yet for being on the list the stretches are something that I can see will help Camryn tangibly. Oh, her meds help her in ways that my eyes and her eyes cannot see; but therapy I think will help her in ways she can see. And I think that will be a huge step for Cam.
Throughout this journey almost everything has been talked about in terms of "you really need to do this." and the "it will make you better." But, honestly I'm not sure she believes it...oh, Camryn knows she is better. The proof is that she is sleeping in her own bed.
But, beyond that it's an act of faith for Camryn to trust that all these many things she has endured are truly making her better.
Therapy I think will be different.
Even tonight while we stretched I encouraged her to try to reach back further and she was so proud when she could go further with her right arm than with her left. It's the little things...she was thrilled. Because I think she could see it, feel it, and enjoy it.
There is not much enjoyment for a six-year-old when looking at a lab sheet, but when she is able to almost get her elbow to her ear...well, that's a matter of celebrating.
Again, this is never where I thought we'd be...
And after a very overwhelming morning on the phone trying to schedule all Cam's follow up visits, I was at peace. We have to do what we have to do...even when the rest of the world is living differently. We are hopeful that these small steps will equal big results for Camryn even on a long road...
While life is uncertain, God is not.>
While our power is limited, God's is limitless.
While our hope may be fragile, God is hope himself.
~ Pete Wilson





No comments:
Post a Comment