Sunday, January 30, 2011

weekend wrap...

It's the weekend, the last weekend of January...where in the world is time going?? I cannot even believe how quickly the first month of 2011 has past.

I took this picture last weekend. We have Iris' in our front planter and we don't really see them bloom all too often, but I think the weeks worth of rain we had earlier really help this beauty bloom. Iris' are not my favorite flower, but in looking at this picture, I cannot even believe the Creator's creativity. I am in awe of the beauty of creation...and I'm glad this is found outside my front door...



The weather has been absolutely beautiful...really wonderful for January! I took this picture of Wyatt last week as he LOVES being outside. As soon as Jason gets home from work out the door they go. Wyatt enjoys riding his bike, his scooter, playing ball, and just about everything else a little boy loves to do. Camryn often joins him, but really he would be satisfied to just be outside regardless of who else is with him. This past week he has spent almost every ounce of daylight left before the sun goes down outside...can't wait for the time change so we can squeeze even more out of each day.



Look what I made...



One evening when I was home with a headache I began reading a variety of crafty blogs that my sis-in-law D and friend T had sent me. I stumbled upon this idea of making a bow holder out of a frame...sadly I don't even know where I saw the idea. But, I remembered it and changed it up a bit. I found the frame in my parents' garage and painted it white. Went to Jo-Ann's and found some fabric and ribbon...and my idea in my head came to life.

I like it a lot. Camryn loves it...she has accumulated more and more bows and hair clips which is lots of fun, but she has a hard time putting them away or even seeing all the fun clips she has. I will admit one of the fun parts of Cam growing up is her hair growing in (again)...her hair is now long enough for pig-tails, pony-tails, lots of cute styles. And yes, for a mom and a little girl who have navigated hair loss, hair coming back, hair loss again, and now hair coming back; it is fun to have some girly girl fun!

Here are the two little faces who make the journey of mommy-hood worthwhile...can't seem to get enough of them.



We've been home much of the weekend as Camryn has a cold. :( Watching Camryn sick just breaks our hearts in two, even if it is *just* a cold. Nothing is *just* with Camryn...but, she is on the mend. No fevers at this point and doing well...not a 100% but better. So, we didn't go to the VCS game on Friday or church last night or Disneyland today...but all of those things can wait. We just want Cam to get well soon!

And last of all...we've been decorating for Valentine's Day. Camryn loves holidays and loves to create her own decorations. Here is her Valentine's Day creation...



I helped cut out the hearts, but she did the rest herself...she's a crafty little one! Can't wait to see what she comes up with for St. Patrick's Day and Easter!



And coming soon...Camryn at Cheer Clinic, yep this Friday night she'll be a Cheerleader! Heaven help us! :)

1 comment:

tina said...

Love the bow holder! :) Way to go! Hope C is feeling better soon. Also, I love her affinity for holiday decor... a girl after my own heart.