Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tuesday clinic update...

Well it's that time again...Camryn's monthly Tuesday clinic visit.

Last night Camryn was crying and struggling with having to go to clinic, she is so tired of all this. I don't blame her. She didn't sleep well either, she gets so nervous and anxious...sometimes it's hard to know what to say...

Thankfully this morning she was a bit better, still did not want to go; but was not fighting it as much. I got her ready and she looked darling, I meant to take a picture of her in her cute little pig tails and just looking oh so much older. How is it that in a few days Camryn has been dealing with all of this for 5 years? Camryn and Jason headed out and she was hanging in there.

Camryn texted me a few times while they were waiting for the doctor...it was fun to be able to "chat" with her. I miss being able to go with Camryn, I'm hoping that the next couple months I will be able to go, but I am SO thankful for Jason taking Camryn...they have quite a bond!

Dr.M was out of town so Camryn saw Dr.G who was the attending doctor during her second transplant...Dr.G had not seen Camryn since then (19 months). Dr.G could not believe how old Camryn is getting, how grown up she is looking...how different she has become. Dr.G looked at the new little rashes on Camryn's arm and it was determined that Camryn has eczema...what a praise! I will admit I was a bit worried that maybe gvh was rearing it's ugly head again, but no just extremely dry skin. The doctors gave us a name of a lotion to try and so when I got home I went to pick it up...lathered her up tonight before bed and hopefully over the next few days/weeks we'll see improvement!

Camryn's labs came back great!

Honestly, I get a lump in my throat while we wait for Cam's labs...guess there is just a reassurance found in those numbers. I teared up...it's almost February, I tear up a lot this time of year.

Thankful tonight for a great hospital and team of doctors at UCLA who continue to care for Camryn and love her.

Thankful for friends who prayed for Camryn and our family today.

Thankful for people at work who encourage me while I try to "work" waiting to hear from Jason.

Thankful...just plain thankful for another great appointment and all the peace that comes with that.

4 comments:

Shalady said...

Praise God for the wonderful news!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that her labs are looking great! Praying for you all! Miss you lots.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait for the report....I pray for your sweet child often. I must admit that I had a lump in my throat as I was reading your blog today. Thank you God for this!!!!

Diana said...

Praising God for the great clinic visit. Praying for continued strength for all of you.