The past few days have been simply beautiful...
On Tuesday after a two year hiatus Camryn and Wyatt hit the pool...many thanks to Jason's brother Rob for including us on a swim date. Camryn, Wyatt and Riley had lots of fun swimming. Camryn was very tentative to begin with...she has not been in a pool for two years! She was scared, but soon enough she warmed up and did great! Jason and I were very proud of Cam...she enjoyed it very much. Wyatt was scared...he only went swimming once last summer so really the last time he was really in the water was before he was two, so he was a bit rusty. :) After while he did better, but it'll take him a little longer to trust this new activity!
It was really wonderful to see Camryn enjoy an activity of such normalcy...really it was perfect!
That evening we headed over to the Aust's for dinner...what fun we had! Honestly, I think Camryn & Wyatt could just move right in with K, T & E...really they would do just fine, well maybe until it was time for bed. But, they certainly love time spent with the Aust's...it's some of their most favorite times in the world!
On Wednesday we were invited to one of most favorite family's houses for lunch and some swimming...the Leonards. I used to babysit for the Leonards oh some 15 years ago...how does time pass so quickly? We had a lovely day...a wonderful lunch, fun swimming, lots of chatting and just time together. Camryn found a new friend in M and fell asleep and they took a long nap together, it was quite precious! Wyatt found a new friend in S and they read book after book together and ate lots of cookies and watermelon! Meanwhile, Jason and I enjoyed talking with Mom Leonard and K...it was simply a blessed day had by all. We are incredibly thankful for their family and what those three beautiful girls mean to our kids, it's priceless.
Today we headed to the park to meet my cousin Kristi and her daughters for a very fun day. Camryn and Natasha enjoyed the playground and the water play area...they had so much fun together. Running, playing and just being friends...it was wonderful. Wyatt was not a fan of the water play area, but thoroughly enjoyed the playground and had fun hunting bugs with Katrina. It was nice to sit and catch up with my cousin and just chat...I have missed those family moments so it was wonderful.
These past few days have been a blessing to our hearts...
Granted I took pictures, but for some reason they will not upload to my computer! Grrrr...not sure what that's all about. I will post them once I figure out what is going on with my camera and computer! Isn't technology grand?!
The Lord is good...always knowing what we need and when we need it. Thankful for the healing of the last couple days...
Just what our weary hearts need...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
So happy to hear that you are having a good August and Camryn got to SWIM - woohoo! Hard to believe I have been following your story for over a year! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and Camryn continues to do well :o)
Post a Comment