It's almost as if May came and the insanity of life hit...honestly this week has been insane to say the least. I'm hopeful that maybe just maybe this is the crazy week of the month and then life will slow down. And you know, it's not even like we are living normal life...it's our medical life that has been crazy along with Jason and my working life. No our family life has been pretty normal, well at least our normal.
To update: Still no word on Camryn's echo, going to call tomorrow and see where it stands, but we continue the nightly Lovenox shots...we are hopeful that maybe sometime this month we'll get that echo in. Saying lots of prayers...
We continue to juggle a lot of medications along with refills, prescriptions and pharmacies...as of right now I *think* we have all we need for awhile and will not have to make trips to 3 different pharmacies to get Camryn's medicine. But, what can you do? Thus is the life of a little girl who had a transplant and has seven medications all of which are pretty unique...some have to be compounded (mixed), some are specialty (only available at UCLA), and some are run of the mill regulars (CVS kind)...but for what it is worth it could be worse and that is what I keep telling myself. Yes, even when driving around from pharmacy to pharmacy or fighting rush hour traffic...that this could be worse.
Far as insurance we've decided to change Camryn's group...if I'm honestly I'm really discouraged about it in some ways. Camryn will be leaving Dr.K who has been her pediatrician since she was born and was our first doctor to *know* that the worse was coming with Camryn. I so appreciate Dr.K and I am very thankful that Wyatt will still be with her at least for now...maybe at some point we will have to move him as well, but for now Wyatt will stay. I am very hopeful though as I had emailed the potentially new pediatrician for Camryn and thought I might hear from him in a few days and within ten minutes he had emailed me back and said he was glad to see her and make the necessary referrals...how great is that? I am very thankful that we have options in order to keep Camryn with her team, and the doctors we love so much.
So that's where we are in our whirlwind...hoping that the winds die down a bit and maybe some calm will come. But we are ever so thankful that Camryn is doing well, Wyatt is doing well and some days that is enough...
Like tonight when I got home and heard the giggles from the bathtub and saw the biggest blue eyes and some mischievous brown eyes looking up at me, I smiled...
Even in the whirlwind there are moments that I wish I could freeze in my mind and keep them forever; because what it all comes down to is what is right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment