Monday, May 3, 2010

a little bit longer...

Well, today we received news that our insurance group had denied Camryn's authorization for an echocardigram at UCLA and referred us to a pediatric heart center. Our nurse practitioner has been busily trying to appeal the denial as it is important Camryn's echo happens at UCLA in order for her doctors to make a determination on her blood clot.

Long story short...

Camryn will not have an echo tomorrow, and I'm not entirely sure when she will. Thank you for your prayers, please continue...we are so hopeful to stop the dreaded Lovenox shots, guess we will just have to wait a little bit longer...

But, as always these insurance delays and problems make us crazy...I was battling the authorization and Jason has been battling trying to get one of Camryn's liver meds refilled. Guess it's just another day dealing with the issues that never seem to go away. Hopeful all of this can get figured out...we are at the point of completely removing Camryn from her current insurance group and starting at square one with another group more closely connected with UCLA in hopes that we can get authorizations more smoothly and more quickly in the future. Today when I was talking with an insurance lady at UCLA she asked me if I would rather have Camryn with a pediatrician close to our house...I sort of laughed. The last time Camryn went to her pediatrician's office? Fall of 2008 so I don't really think the location of the office is important...keeping her with her team at UCLA is.

Guess we are fighting these battles a little bit longer...

Just wish the end was in sight.

2 comments:

Amee said...

UGH! i'm so sorry friend....praying that the insurance will straighten SOON and for the blood clot to be gone when the time comes for the test! hugs to you all...

Kara said...

i'm sorry to read this tonight. i've been thinking of camryn since you first posted about the may 4th appt. i'll pray it happens soon and with good results!

-kara