On Thursday morning Camryn was having some serious itchy moments and it was becoming obvious that something was up. We called and Camryn's doctors wanted to see Camryn on Friday just to check out the itchiness and if it is a flare up of GVH. So on Friday morning Camryn and I headed down to clinic and if I am honest it was about the most crowded I have seen it in a long time. Lots of children seeing doctors, in the procedure cent38er and receiving chemo infusions. We had arrived later than usual as I took the day off so we didn't need to rush down in order for me to make it to work, but by being later we had quite a wait. Guess we learned our lesson.
Camryn saw Dr.F (who has worked with the peds kids at UCLA for 38 years) so it goes without saying that Dr.F has seen it all. Knowing how crowded clinic was and knowing that Camryn's issues were not seriously pressing as they could have been, it was a welcomed visit from Dr.F. Dr.F took one look at Camryn's newly developing red rash and confirmed that it was in fact GVH as well as some GVH in her mouth and eyes. When Camryn was taken off of cyclosporin we knew that this flare up of GVH was likely...we were hoping it would not come as in some ways it sets Camryn back a bit, but it is here. Thankfully Dr.F was not too alarmed by Camryn's rash and did not make any changes to her meds at this point. We will continue to treat the symptoms of the rash, itchiness as best we can and hope that the new medicine Camryn started last Tuesday will kick in soon.
The new medicine is a pill...we've had a few hard nights here trying to "teach" Camryn how to take a pill. All of Camryn's meds at this point have been in liquid, well minus her ATRA pill she took back when she was 21 months old and we coaxed her with applesauce. Now the magic coaxing...jello. Unfortunately Camryn has to take 2 pills in the morning and night so that's a lot for a newbie at taking pills. Thankfully she is doing MUCH better and the fight has lessened quite a bit as we knew it would. Camryn hates all that she has to do, literally she hates it; but she does it. She continues to fight and complain, but I really cannot blame her...really, I am grateful she has done as well as she has.
So Camryn heads to clinic on Tuesday to get checked out again and get a level on her new med and hopefully we will start seeing the GVH lessen and some relief come to a very itchy girl...
Friday night Jason threw me a 35th birthday party with my family and close friends...I will admit turning 35 is quite shocking to me, not that I can avoid it. The party was absolutely wonderful...I had such fun chatting with my friends and hanging out with my family. It was nice to feel connected to the world again and just feel apart of something. As I've said before loneliness is a rough one for me...we have had to isolate so much that Friday night felt so great. Many thanks to my hubby for the wonderful evening...what fun we had!
Saturday I headed to the mall for some birthday shopping fun with my mom...it was wonderful! I really enjoy spending time with my mom, she's wonderful. We enjoyed being together and it felt like days when my mom would come out to visit me at APU when I was in college and take me shopping for my birthday, it was fun.
That evening Jason and I headed to a wedding of one of our youth group kids who was also one of my students. D&N's wedding was beautiful and just wonderful to see two people who did it right...it was a blessing to share in their day and know that the Lord does have a plan for our lives. Many blessings to D&N as they begin their married life together. While we were at the wedding Camryn and Wyatt got to spend time with Uncle Robby and Auntie Dede and their cousins Riley and Peighton. What fun they had...Camryn and Wyatt adore the Mikels family and they LOVE spending time with them. Many thanks to Rob and Devon for watching Camryn and Wyatt and for loving them so.
Today has been a catch up day of sorts...just getting the house cleaned up and picked up. We put out our Easter decorations and enjoyed the day. Camryn and Wyatt enjoyed just being home and hanging out together...they are quite a pair. It was a nice time to be home and enjoy the blessings of the day...
We are getting ready for Camryn's room make-over and her birthday party...and we are excited for our spring breaks coming up. Have I told you I love this time of year?!
Enjoying the change of seasons...praying the GVH stays under control and we can enter into spring, with hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Praying that the GVH stays under control and the itchiness subsides.
We'll say extra prayers for you guys!
Post a Comment