Tuesday, March 16, 2010

pricelessly sentimental...

Look what picked up yesterday...



Isn't it beautiful? Tears filled my eyes when I first saw that precious little handprint, and they still do. Oh that priceless little hand...what a story is written all over it, what a tapestry that has been weaved throughout this little hand's days of life. I am sentimental...I am now trying to find just the right place to hang this precious, priceless, irreplaceable momento of Camryn's kindergarten year.

I also came home to find these beautiful flowers on our dining table yesterday for my anniversary...



Beautiful. I love them, I love looking at them as I type this and realizing that they celebrate eight years of marriage. I love visual reminders...I'm a sucker for all things sentimental.

I have mentioned it before, but I love this season. I love Easter! Every year I find myself just more and more enjoying the enormity of the season and the great reason for it. Like I said I love to be sentimental, I love looking back, I love history, I love old things...I really do like the past. For it is from the past that I gain strength to live today.

I do not have any more grandparents living on earth, oh they are living it up in heaven; but they are not here. I have momentoes of them in my kitchen...I have reminders of them in on my dresser...I have their fingerprints on my hands...as their hand prints are all over my life and I am grateful. I often think of the glories of heaven and the beauty they are experiencing; and find myself thankful that the Lord provided the way. The way for us to look back, but more importantly a way for us to look ahead with hope.

Hope...

No comments: