Camryn got to see Dr.A and he said that she was looking great; in fact Jason said that many people offered a variety of adjectives: super, great, fantastic and fabulous just to name a few. What a blessing! Her doctors decided to run some extensive blood tests to see how Camryn's B cells and T cells (immune system) is coming along. Honestly these tests are normally run closer to a year post-transplant so we will be so excited if they come back great, if not it really is not a big deal. Although if they come back well that would mean some of Camryn's medicines would be discontinued and well that is always something we look forward to. Far as Camryn's blood clot and lovenox shots she will have another echocardigram later in the spring and hopefully at that point the clot will be much smaller or completely gone altogther. No word on Camryn's central line, but after a year of having it I think Camryn's come to just consider it normal. All in all Cam's appointment went super well and she does not have to go back until April...incredibly thankful!
Camryn's regular blood draw numbers look good...in fact we have not seen her white count this high in well a very long time. And her ANC is at 1900...been quite awhile since it has been that high. Her hemoglobin and platelets are high and strong too. We NEVER tire of a good lab sheet, never. We are thankful that at about nine and a half months post-transplant Camryn is doing well, doing what the doctors want her to be doing and most importantly Camryn is continuing to get better and better.
So for now we will continue the course and enjoy the coming of a new season and the freshness it brings...
Nothing like a bed time reading of "Alice in Wonderland" by flashlight to make a kid smile...this pretty much sums Camryn and Wyatt up. They love to be together, they thoroughly enjoy each other's company. Oh sure they have their moments...but best friends they are to the fullest...
And without further ado...
Little Miss Camryn missing her front tooth. Yes, I got the camera out immediately to document this childhood moment...and I have to say I cherish this face. This face tells a story unlike any other...from this face I know and believe that the Lord is not finished yet...and I cannot get enough of this little precious face.
And then there is The Dynamic Duo...
There are not enough words to convey what these two mean to me...I find myself daily wondering what I did so right to get to be their mommy. Yes, of course the road has been really difficult; but I would not change who they are and who they are becoming. I am so thankful that the Lord saw it fit to give us Camryn and Wyatt...it is a priceless thing to live in the midst of a miracle. And it is an amazing thing to watch a relationship develop from before Wyatt was born when Camryn would sit and just hug my pregnant belly to now as a 5 year old and a 3 year old. Precious...
This past weekend we did a little gardening...planted some flowers and made a little place of "hope".
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" ~ Albert Einstein





7 comments:
Praise God! So wonderful to hear such great news! Camryn looks great! Your kids are just too cute.
I love your hope garden, what a great idea! I wish it were warm enough here in Colorado for a hope garden, but we got snow yesterday!
so thankful for another good dr's visit! and cam is looking SO cute missingt hat front tooth! :] love it!!
What a beautiful family! I am so glad you are all doing so well! Your garden looks fantastic!
Aww, Cam looks great! We love and miss you guys!!
Always thinking of you and Camryn. I am so happy to see she is feeling good and she looks so happy! It is just wonderful to see!
Hugs,
Bobbie
Camryn looks beautiful - I love her curls!
As always, I am happy to hear that everything is still going well. Love your Spring flowers :o)
Post a Comment