Can I get a drumroll please?!
As of today the beginning of a fresh, new month Camryn is off of her cyclosporin! Yes, you read that right she is off of her anti-rejection meds!
We are so excited, but none more than Camryn. You see cyclosporin is one nasty medicine, it is made with castor oil...it's disguising! But, she took it this morning and will not be taking it anymore!
Of course with the coming off of the medicine there is always a chance that GVH (graft vs. host disease) will raise it's ugly head. Back in early September Camryn encountered GVH and did well, but then it meant steroids and well you know where that took us. So we are hopeful that by coming off her anti-rejection meds that her body does well...that the GVH stays at bay and that our little girl will continue to grow strong!
Happy news to start a new month...YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
So glad to read this!
Wonderful news!! I hope that Camryn continues to get stronger and stronger and no GVH!
Katie :o)
Woohoo! :)
Hugs to all!
I am so happy to hear this!! I will be praying for a good result and no extra meds needed!
Way to go Camryn! =)
Many Prayers and Much love,
Cassie [from Minnesota]
Post a Comment