Camryn has lost her first tooth!
Jason and I had decided that we would really work on getting her tooth out this weekend...lots of pep talks, lots.
This morning Camryn's tooth was really loose and I was trying to encourage her to wiggle it. True to Camryn's form she says, "Mommy, I can't loose my tooth yet, I don't have a tooth fairy pillow." Do you know it's not easy to come by a tooth fairy pillow on a moment's notice? Knowing that my mom saves everything and I mean everything I knew she'd have my tooth fairy pillow as it was given to me by my Grammy. So, we called Grandma and Grandma did what Grandmas do best...saved the day.
My mom brought my little red tooth fairy pillow over today and Camryn was beyond thrilled...step one accomplished, now for her tooth.
Well, tonight she was scared...in fact as I was talking with Camryn about how brave she is she said through tears, "but, Mommy I've never done this before." Isn't that amazing...this little girl has endured more than any 5 year old I know and yet she is still fragile and timid. She is still just 5.
Jason being the most amazing Daddy in the world took her in the bathroom and they had some cute Daddy and his little girl time. He was the sweetest, encouraging her to wiggle her tooth and be brave. All of the sudden they both are yelling for me and Wyatt to come see...and there Camryn was with a little toothless grin.
We all cheered and she got the biggest smile on her face. A smile that we cherish...
So, tonight while you are sleeping the tooth fairy will visit our house and make a little girl a believer in all those fairy tales of childhood. And I'm thankful she's here to live those dreams...grateful for another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Always an exciting time with Team Mikels! Can't wait to see a photo of Camryn's toothless grin.
Hoping you had a peaceful, relaxing weekend.
As Tuesday approaches you probably approach this day on what I like to say "tippy toes." Just know Dana we are praying for Team Mikels. We are also praying for results that will led you to the next direction. Any direction you go, know you will be guided by God's Mighty Hand.
Post a Comment