Monday, May 11, 2009

explaining

Last night as Camryn and I were tidying up her room while Daddy had gone to get us some dinner we had a little chat. It went something like this...

Me: Cam, Auntie Donna and Makenna are going to come down to see you. Makenna wants to see you.
Camryn: Why? Where is Makenna going?
Me: Well, sweetie remember how you have to get some more of Wyatt's juice?
Camryn: Yes, they are going to take Wyatt's juice and give it to me through my line.
Me: Yes that's right. Well, you have to go into the hospital to get it. You'll have to stay there for awhile.
Camryn: My new hospital?
Me: Yes. Mommy and Daddy will stay with you and you'll be okay. You'll just have to be there while your doctors give you medicine and then Wyatt's juice.
Camryn: Who's going to visit me?

We talked through her list of people she wanted to see her while she is at the hospital. We talked through the issue that she will have the same doctors, nurses and such. I answered her questions the best I could...

I was praying through the entire conversation as I know it's going to hurt her to leave home and be in the hospital for maybe 8 weeks.

When Jason got home she boldly said..."Daddy I have to go to the hospital again, but I'll be okay. You and Mommy will be there and my Grandmas and Papas."

No tears...No fight...simply Camryn just took it in stride.

Please continue to pray for us throughout this week. I won't lie it's a struggle for me to just take it day to day, moment by moment. I find that I am clinging to the minutes, hours and days so tightly. I do not know what hospital life really holds for us and the balancing act of the four of us will be difficult.

There is a lot more explaining to do with Camryn throughout the next weeks, but I know that HE will meet us. The Lord always does...maybe not in the ways I expect Him to, but He meets us nonetheless.

Always...meeting us
Always...holding us
Always...carrying us

Always.

8 comments:

brandi said...

to you...you feel like a mom.
to me...you ARE amazing. I know where Camryn gets it.

Always prayingh for you in Ohio~

Diana said...

Praying for you to have an awesome week together before transplant begins. Also praying that the Lord will work in everything beyond what you could hope for.

Anonymous said...

All four of you are amazing!

Thea said...

We are still praying for you...that this journey will hold special moments for all of you and a beautiful outcome with healthy children and a closer family.

Erika said...

Praying for your foursome every single day...and sending you lots of love and hugs. No one should ever have to go through this and I'm so sorry that you are. Camryn is one amazing little girl, and her mommy is one amazing woman. Stay strong...(((hugs)))

Claire said...

Praying for all of you.

Cxx

Katie Spinks said...

always praying for you and little Camryn and your beautiful family!!

suzanne said...

You have the promise of my prayers as He promises to hold the four of you during this journey.